Anthrax in Magazines thread!

Lord Darkness

Sargent 'D'
Mar 26, 2002
OSLO
www.sgt-d.com
Please write any info you got on a Anthrax feature (however small) in any magazine (any language) in this thread!

I hope it will grow into a big list so that all us collectors can have something to dwell into...

I'll start with some obscure stuff, works like this:
Name of Mag [Origin/Language]
Number release date (cover) Feature

Close-Up Magazine [Sweden/Swedish]:
#09 Feb'94 (Ice-T cover) - 2 page interv. w/ Scott

Headbanger, The [Norway/Norwiegian]:
#01 Vol.05 1985 (Scorpions cover) 2 p. Anthrax article (no int.)

Metal Hammer/Aardschok [Netherlands/Dutch]:
#02 Vol.1 Feb'86 (Ozzy cover) - 2 page interv. w/ Scott
+fullpage ad for Spreading... (by Charlie)

METALLION magazine [Japan/?]
Vol. 3 Nov'88 Thrash special -Anthrax

I'll post my whole list if there's interest.

//LD

Its funny you mention this. The other day I was cleaning up and in a end table I found two old Metal Mania mags. One November of 89 has James Hetfield and Doro Pesch and Tom Araya on the cover. The back cover for the mag is a Joey Belladonna pic and he has this huge indian head dress on. It has a Dan Spitz centerfold and he is holding his Teenage mutant ninja turtle flying V. This rag is so "back in the day" it has a album review of White Zombies Make them die Slowly! In the review they say "lead singer Rob Straker " blah blah blah. And he has a Damage inc. metallica shirt on.
I have
another one from July of 89 that is an Anthrax Special. It has tons of stuff on anthrax in it. It has interviews from each member and tons of pictures.
I got a Rip form october 93 that has an artical and one page picture of John Bush whan his hair is real long.
I really didnt set out to collect these or anyting I just sorta kept them around. I'm sure if I looked through my old mags I could find more.

When Bush joined the fold they were on the cover of just about every magazine. SoWN got a lot of press, as did the collaboration w/ KISS on "Love Her All I Can" which got the 2 bands on the cover of Guitar World. Hell, during the SoWN era Chas was the cover boy of Modern Drummer. None of the other records have gotten the boys too much press but Metal Edge and GW have been consistent supporters.