Anthrax is not even on the radar...

ThinkAboutYourEnd

Perpetually In A Zone
Jun 13, 2003
San Antonio
Visit site
and it pisses me off. Today I was in the local metal store (The Flipside in SA) and I was looking for something, ANYTHING, that had Anthrax on it...a sticker, a shirt, a patch, any miniscule item that I could buy, but there was nothing. They had a bunch of the usual stuff, like Metallica, Hendrix, etc. and a bunch of bands that I never heard of but no Anthrax. What the hell is the deal? I mean, even before I listened to Anthrax, I knew who they were and thought they were relatively famous (or infamous) but I guess not. Yeah I know they got dropped by their old label and I'm familiar with all their troubles, but The Sex Pistols are in a similar situation, and I see their stuff all the time. I've never in my life seen anyone wear an Anthrax shirt. Am I missing something, how did Anthrax practically fall off the face of the Earth?!

You have to understand that the Pistols are a legendary group. They had a junkie as a bassplayer, they were put together by some artfag in London and were the biggest fucking boyband since the Osmonds... that´s what qualifys them for t-shirts and coffemugs and shit... YES I´M IN A BAD MOOD TODAY...

When I want a t-shirt with a band I like I make one myself, bands in general are cool with it and many find it flatering that their fans do it. Don´t know if Lars Ulrich or Gene $immon$ would like it though... haha.

ThraX euro-tour shirts looked pretty cool and I think they sold them on the US tour too so if they play SA-area you could get one. But it´s weird to see how some bands stuff are for sale everywhere in any recordshop even though they broke up 20 years ago or barely sell any records anymore.

Shit... it would be cool if ThraX made shirts with the "Lords of the riff"-theme, but then again the movie company would probably bitch and sue them... AND ME FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT AN IDEA LIKE THAT, they would animate Tolkiens corpse and make him sue me... YES I´M STILL GRUMPY!

Arg_Hamster said:
Yeah, or take a band pic with glowing evil eyes and the "We´ve come for you all" in blood! Both cool and cheesy at the same time! :hotjump:
you know, that's not a bad idea. you guys might not be fans of pearl jam, but on the pj newsgroup they have made shirts a couple different times. a small group would be in charge of designing and collecting money and then they would have the shirts printed and distributed. we could do something like this here. find out exactly how many people would be seriously interested and would pay, get someone who is good at art to make the designs, and put someone trustworthy in charge of collecting the money. i'd dfinitely buy one.

While we're at it, why the fuck don't they ever have XXL t-shirts for us fat-fuck fans? Man that pisses me off... Hook me up with a biggie t-shirt, dammit, or I might have to do something drastic... Like situps, or something... ;)

[... Hook me up with a biggie t-shirt, dammit, or I might have to do something drastic... Like situps, or something... ;)[/QUOTE]

:loco:

LMMFAO!!!!...........me too, bro! :lol:

LOL!! I think need a shirt that recognizes how long I've been listening to these guys. A look at all those shows I've been to and thrown out of.
Maybe a picture of me and the NOT man drinking a longneck. :loco:
I like the blood and demon eyes thoughts \nn/

Sgt-D said:
While we're at it, why the fuck don't they ever have XXL t-shirts for us fat-fuck fans? Man that pisses me off... Hook me up with a biggie t-shirt, dammit, or I might have to do something drastic... Like situps, or something... ;)
hell yeah. i know exactly what you mean. i'm 270, so i can never find band shirts that fit. instead i have to wear dress shirts from the big and tall section.

I was at the Iron Maiden concert last night. The place was fucking packed. I was, as Brent would say, "Dawning Anthrax fashion" for the evening.
Guess how many people at that show I saw wearing an Anthrax shirt?
ONE! Me (in the mirror in the bathroom, where I dropped off a few "W.C.F.Y.A." street team flyers).

Unless you count that guy who had the "Thrash Of The Titans" shirt (with Anthrax and the names of all the other bands from that benifit concert).
Nah, that wasn't an Anthrax shirt, that was a "Thrash of The Titans" shirt...:erk:

ThraxDude said:
I was at the Iron Maiden concert last night. The place was fucking packed. I was, as Brent would say, "Dawning Anthrax fashion" for the evening.
Guess how many people at that show I saw wearing an Anthrax shirt?
ONE! Me (in the mirror in the bathroom, where I dropped off a few "W.C.F.Y.A." street team flyers).

Unless you count that guy who had the "Thrash Of The Titans" shirt (with Anthrax and the names of all the other bands from that benifit concert).
Nah, that wasn't an Anthrax shirt, that was a "Thrash of The Titans" shirt...:erk:

Yeah, I wore an Anthrax shirt to Maiden and a Maiden shirt to Anthrax. I saw a Judge Dredd shirt at Maiden. That was it.

it really is a cool idea. I have been having self made shirts done of me and some of my fav bands lately thru various online custom shirt/hat stores.
fb59446f.jpg

This was my latest creation as I had them make a death angel flexi hat. The dork doesn't come with the hat:loco:

i found when i first got into thrax they had some really cool merch,its seems after sown they went downhill!

i am always looking for thrax hirts but some were so pathetic i didnt even bother.

I bought the 2 available on the Stomp tour (the monster driving a 'buggy' and the Stomp cd cover) but havent seen anything since then on the racks

I always thougth that bootleg merch like that was.. well.. for lack of a better term, illegal, maybe I'm just insane or I've been out of it for too long

Krycke