Anthrax is Scott Ian's priority!

Ok, that's one. :)

I mean take for an example one of my favorite bands, Bad Religion. They released a new record every 1-2 years from 1988 to 2004. Since then it's been 3 years between albums, and that's much more than most others band do. Fact is, bands don't make as many records as they used to because it's simply not worth it anymore.

Which sucks, fuck you internet! :mad:

Kataklysm are also pretty exemplary in releasing new albums. i think it's not only still worth it for professional bands, it's a must if you want to stay relevant as a band, not only because of the sales but for promotion and to always have new songs in the set and keep the band interesting for the fans (true fans will always buy their fav. band's music) and the media instead of turning into a nostalgia band that puts out one album in 10 years. it still is and will always be part of the music biz to put out new music in any way, shape or form (download, physical, whatever). crises come and go and the record industry already survived several of them, when radio was new the record sales went down 90%.

Wow.. really? hummm... let me think.. Joey turned down the band back in 2005... and yeah.. I'm sure he's on the road "killing" time because he has nothing else better to do with this life come on dude...

I guess no one bothered to notice that Joey is also doing some touring LMFAO!!! nice guys!!! blame Scott for everything lol

Honestly, this is rediculous. Joey would do what ever it took to make a new Anthrax album. He has always been more pasionate about the band than anyone. Yet he gets kicked to the curb.

Do you really think the band is like "Joey we need you to sing this track tomorrow" and he is like "Oh well sorry guys I am doing a solo tour for the next few weeks so I will get to it when i can"

YEAH RIIIGHHHHT!

There is no way in fuck Joey is holding up this by his touring. He is simply doing that to pass time while Scott and Rob get their shit done so he can go in and sing those songs.

Wow.. really? hummm... let me think.. Joey turned down the band back in 2005... and yeah.. I'm sure he's on the road "killing" time because he has nothing else better to do with this life come on dude...

Joey turned down the band in 2005? And this has what to do with the recording of this new album? I don't remember him turning anything down. He got kicked out of the band because they wanted to go more "modern" he never once turned his back on the band. If anything these guys owe him for the way they have handled him. Then they do the reunion tour, which despite what some Bushtrhax fans want to claim, was VERY successful, and hire some no named Don Nelson instead of going in and doing a new album with Joey like they said they were going to do on that Reunion tour. They straight out used Joey to make a few bucks on the Runion tour because they were broke and not doing well financially. Once they were done with the tour they kicked him to the curb yet again. Do you think Joey really didn't want to do that album? Those guys fucked him over again and now have resorted to using him because they have no other options. They wanted Don Nelson, then wanted John Bush back, both didn't work out so now they bring in Joey to save their asses. If I was Joey I'd tell those guys to fuck themselves. If Joey didn't want to do this album or be part of this band Scotty and Robbie would not be doing the big 4 and this new album would never get released. So you should be thanking Joey for saving this bands ass.

To summarize you are saying that you believe this delay is because Joey is not interested and would rather go play shows in front of 100 people than do a new Anthrax album? Is that the route you want to go down?

lick666 is right, Joey prefers playing in front of 100 in a small club over playing with Metallica, Joey didn't want to make a record with Thrax in '07 so they had to hire Bon Hanson to record 'Assthrax Music', it's all Joey's fault, Joey is the voice of Anthrax and Joey's bad business decisions ruined this band, without Joey the band would have already released the record in may 2010, Joey's re-singing is taking too much time and leads to further delays, Joey fired Lilker, then Turbin, then Fallon, he fired Spitz in '04, he kicked Frankie out, he kicked Joey Vera out just to get Frankie back, he fired Paul Crook, then John Bush, then Bon Hanson, then John Bush once again, Joey kicked PE out after 'Bring The Noize', Joey kicked Paul Bostaph out of Slayer and don't forget that Joey kicked himself out of Thrax 2 times already, Joey is the man

lick666 is right, Joey prefers playing in front of 100 in a small club over playing with Metallica, Joey didn't want to make a record with Thrax in '07 so they had to hire Bon Hanson to record 'Assthrax Music', it's all Joey's fault, Joey is the voice of Anthrax and Joey's bad business decisions ruined this band, without Joey the band would have already released the record in may 2010, Joey's re-singing is taking too much time and leads to further delays, Joey fired Lilker, then Turbin, then Fallon, he fired Spitz in '04, he kicked Frankie out, he kicked Joey Vera out just to get Frankie back, he fired Paul Crook, then John Bush, then Bon Hanson, then John Bush once again, Joey kicked PE out after 'Bring The Noize', Joey kicked Paul Bostaph out of Slayer and don't forget that Joey kicked himself out of Thrax 2 times already, Joey is the man

:lol::lol::lol:

A man that kicks himself out of his own band, not just once, but twice, is just a bad ass, no way around it!

Everything happens for a reason and there might be certain reasons to why there is nothing going on with Anthrax, Joey is touring solo and the reason might or might not be The Damned Things activities.

Joey fired Lilker, then Turbin, then Fallon, he fired Spitz in '04, he kicked Frankie out, he kicked Joey Vera out just to get Frankie back, he fired Paul Crook, then John Bush, then Bon Hanson, then John Bush once again, Joey kicked PE out after 'Bring The Noize', Joey kicked Paul Bostaph out of Slayer and don't forget that Joey kicked himself out of Thrax 2 times already, Joey is the man

Is this where you want to turn the news subject into a Chuck Norris like thread about Joey?

When Joey looks into a mirror it breaks, even mirrors are not that stupid to stand between 2 Joeys.

A blind man ran into Joey and got his sight back, unfortunately the first and last thing he saw was a roundhouse kick to the face.

The only thing missing here is that Joey will roundhouse kick Scott in the face, if the album doesnt get out tomorrow.

you're a real fan ey? :cry:

Honestly, this is rediculous. Joey would do what ever it took to make a new Anthrax album. He has always been more pasionate about the band than anyone. Yet he gets kicked to the curb.

Do you really think the band is like "Joey we need you to sing this track tomorrow" and he is like "Oh well sorry guys I am doing a solo tour for the next few weeks so I will get to it when i can"

YEAH RIIIGHHHHT!

There is no way in fuck Joey is holding up this by his touring. He is simply doing that to pass time while Scott and Rob get their shit done so he can go in and sing those songs.

Why won't you for once post some facts behind your assumptions?

So you don't believe anything that Scott says, how about when Joey himself said that he's working on the vocals but it's going to take some time?

And before your eventual "Scott has to OK everything", it is a well known fact that Charlie writes the music in Anthrax. It's always been like that and I don't think it's gonna change anytime soon.

And finally, you've stated many times that Scott doesn't care about Anthrax or metal anymore, so why would he care about the album at all?

Joey turned down the band in 2005?? I thought it was 2000 when he turned them down because he wanted a bigger cut. Anthrax should have just granted it. Who knows where they'd be now? It would have been an interesting tour (2 singers, 2 sets, finale duet) considering I'm a fan of both. The whole Dan Nelson fiasco, whatever it is, we'll probably never know. Anthrax operations remind me of the Bush/Cheney administration sometimes. All secretive. And then Bush recently turning them down. Joey probably wised up. His train of thought is probably "they fucked me in '92. they got stingy on me on '00. I'm their only hope on the eve of another BIG 4 run. I haven't made much $cheddar$ with my solo career. TIME to put these mofo's against the financial ropes and get PAID". I wouldn't blame him if that were the case.

Joey turned down the band in 2005?? I thought it was 2000 when he turned them down because he wanted a bigger cut. Anthrax should have just granted it. Who knows where they'd be now? It would have been an interesting tour (2 singers, 2 sets, finale duet) considering I'm a fan of both. The whole Dan Nelson fiasco, whatever it is, we'll probably never know. Anthrax operations remind me of the Bush/Cheney administration sometimes. All secretive. And then Bush recently turning them down. Joey probably wised up. His train of thought is probably "they fucked me in '92. they got stingy on me on '00. I'm their only hope on the eve of another BIG 4 run. I haven't made much $ with my solo career. TIME to put these mofo's against the financial ropes and get PAID". I wouldn't blame him if that were the case.

Joey saved this bands ass. They have treated him like dirt over the past 15 years. Scott even publicly dissed him on that metal show. They fired him twice basically. Joey deserves every bit of $$$ he may and may not be asking for. If he would tell those guys to fuck off and he was out, there would be no big 4 and this 'worship music' album would never see the light of day. Anthrax could never go hire another no namer and have people take them seriously.

All I know from Joey is he is a very humble, down to earth guy. He is not a 'rock star' the guy plays for 100 people in clubs and does karaoke for crying out loud. He loves music and what he does and doesn't really get wrapped up in the rock star bullshit that Scott Ian thrives on. He is confident in his vocal style and doesn't change it to try and fit in or be 'cool'. I respect that. I have never met one single person that has had anything bad to say about him as a person or as a 'business man'.

All I have known from Scott Ian is he has an ego and is a control freak. I have never heard much positive from people who have dealt with him on a professional level.

So thats what I go by and I think most people would agree with that you talk to that knows the real deal