Anthrax..Metallica..Sepultura! Brilliant returns to form

Southy

Proud Brisbane Metaller
Jul 28, 2001
Brisbane,Australia
Visit site
If the aforementioned bands are anything to go by Dance of Death oughta be awesome by the time we get it..2003 seems to be the year of metal bands going back to doing excellent metal.

This thread brought to you by the fact that I got Sepultura's new album Roorback and it is fucking brilliance at its most brilliant

I didn't even know the Seps had a new album till I saw it in the shop today. How's it compare to their recent work?

Not overly impressed by Stanger, but it's alright. The production sounds woeful, even if they meant it to be like that.....

I don't own much Sepultura, so I might add this new one to the list. Provided it really is good of course. :)

New Sepultura is excellent, I love all their work with Derrik Green, but this one is just more of an improvment again on 'Nation'. But the one thing that struck me is that the vocals seem a bit back in the mix, which can be a sad thing with the power of Derrik's voice. I got the 2 CD limited edition of the album, it has the E.P. Revolusongs :headbang:

I have not heard the new sepultura yet... although I heard one of the songs off revolusongs... the U2 cover! Sounded interesting.

I have only heard one song off the new anthrax.. "what doesn't die" it sounded pretty good!

As for the new metallica... I have heard it all. It had some good songs but overall I didn't like it as an album. Some of the vocal parts made me cringe, and I miss kirk's solos. The songs I did like though were frantic, st anger, invisible kid, the unnamed feeling and purify

The way I see it, Max went off to do his nu-metal thing with Soulfly, and Sepultura stayed pretty similar, just with a different vocalist, and Derrick is quite good IMO. The are not the awesome thrash band they used to be, but they are still decent metal, and I wouldn't mind hearing the new stuff.

There recent stuff is different to their older stuff, but there's no way I'd call it nu metal.

Was listening to Beneath The Remains today. What a fucking great album! It'd have to be my favourite of theirs. Killer.