Anthrax, Prague

I think the advantage of the Prague show was that they played in a rather small venue, which was packed and virtually everyone could shake their hands (which happened many times). That factor made it so intense. Unfortunately when it comes to big festivals, this is not the case.

Man Jon Dette did an outstanding job...
And I didn't meet anyone. I stayed at the venue for some time after the show, thought someone would show up at the bar, but no.
Best chance to meet them is by waiting at the bus after the gig. They don't come out right away though, sometimes up to an hour after the show has ended.

The relatively small semi-circular stage makes for a more intimate gig too.

Looks crackin
Agreed on the circular stage. The Town Ballroom in Buffalo is similar and it was probably my favorite club I've seen Anthrax in.

Reading through all your enthusiastic posts (not only in this thread), there's someting I need to tell you. I was at the show too and when it was over I realized a sad fact: this band was able to "erase" five studio albums from its past just only for playing the same OLD shit over and over and over again... Don't get me wrong, I like all Belladonna albums but the band should move on and stop pretending it's 1988... And unfortunately, Joey stage presence stared to lose me like a four-hour movie I'd already seen... :Smug:
Anyway, the show was great (John Dette was fantastic!) and therewithal the last Anthrax show I was at... :wave:

Reading through all your enthusiastic posts (not only in this thread), there's someting I need to tell you. I was at the show too and when it was over I realized a sad fact: this band was able to "erase" five studio albums from its past just only for playing the same OLD shit over and over and over again... Don't get me wrong, I like all Belladonna albums but the band should move on and stop pretending it's 1988... And unfortunately, Joey stage presence stared to lose me like a four-hour movie I'd already seen... :Smug:
Anyway, the show was great (John Dette was fantastic!) and therewithal the last Anthrax show I was at... :wave:

This is true though. I wouldn't mind hearing What Doesn't Die or Room For One More at the show.

To me it seems like they simply aren't going to acknowledge an era in which they faded into obscurity and needed to reunite the ATL lineup to prevent from going under. Joey is back and they are trying to forget the past and move forward.

So it looks like Bush era songs will be largely forgotten as far as them being played live goes.

Anthrax should make "The Lesser (Or Even Greater) Of Two Evils" where they get in a studio and record only Bush era material with Joey singing.

Anthrax should make "The Lesser (Or Even Greater) Of Two Evils" where they get in a studio and record only Bush era material with Joey singing.

Ive actually thought about that. In reality it probably wont ever happen. Thats like asking Judas Priest to acknowledge the Ripper Owens era or Motley Crue with John Corabi. These are not times people look back at fondly.

Ive actually thought about that. In reality it probably wont ever happen. Thats like asking Judas Priest to acknowledge the Ripper Owens era or Motley Crue with John Corabi. These are not times people look back at fondly.

Bruce Dickenson sings some Blaze era stuff once in a while. He sounded good on The Clansman.

Bruce Dickenson sings some Blaze era stuff once in a while. He sounded good on The Clansman.

That's because Bruce can sing Blaze's songs pretty well and even better than Blaze. Rob Halford on the other hand would embarrass himself badly even trying to sing some of the Ripper Owens' songs and Joey wasn't too comfortable singing Only.

To me it seems like they simply aren't going to acknowledge an era in which they faded into obscurity and needed to reunite the ATL lineup to prevent from going under. Joey is back and they are trying to forget the past and move forward.

So it looks like Bush era songs will be largely forgotten as far as them being played live goes.

The band played 15 songs live - ONLY 3 NEW SONGS and 12 old songs that they've been playing for ages. Sorry but this cannot be taken as a step forward. Unfortunately, lots of fans are excited about this attitude. I don't believe it will last for long... If they aren't going to play Bush era song (just beacuse Joey doesn't have balls to sing'em), they should play songs which they've never played live or they haven't played for a long time.

The band played 15 songs live - ONLY 3 NEW SONGS and 12 old songs that they've been playing for ages. Sorry but this cannot be taken as a step forward. Unfortunately, lots of fans are excited about this attitude. I don't believe it will last for long... If they aren't going to play Bush era song (just beacuse Joey doesn't have balls to sing'em), they should play songs which they've never played live or they haven't played for a long time.

Anthrax has had this problems for a long time. They keep playing the same catalog over and over again. Unlike most other bands, they never play rare songs, regardless of eras and singers (well they did play songs like Startin' Up A Posse back in 1998) because they are afraid of it. The other problems is that the hardcore fans would bitch if they didn't play Antisocial, Got The Time, I Am The Law, Madhouse et cetera.