::: Anthrax @ Proxima, Warsaw, Poland on 8/5/2004 :::

Ken Kaniff said:
Do let us know as soon as the pix are available on your site!

Actually, most of the "polish" pictures that can be found in many thread on UM board was taken by {b}soulflypl[/] so he`s responsible for making us all impatient!

Ken Kaniff said:
Dude, couldn't spot you at the show. Oh, well, some other time!

I told you to look for a guy wearin black ST shirt and ST flip-up hat! Maybe you saw me but didnt have no idea it was me. I`m sure that soulflypl`s pictures will enlight you for sure ;)

Have you seen this guy who plays "oldie Chojnicki" in "Klan"? He was hanging out near the band`s bus before the gate was opened and all metalheads were taking pictures with him. Actually he came to see Anthrax live!!!
I recognized him already and when I told my homies he`s that guy we had to get a picture with him for our families who`s been a huge fans of "Klan" ;)

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
Have you seen this guy who plays "oldie Chojnicki" in "Klan"? He was hanging out near the band`s bus before the gate was opened and all metalheads were taking pictures with him. Actually he came to see Anthrax live!!!
I recognized him already and when I told my homies he`s that guy we had to get a picture with him for our families who`s been a huge fans of "Klan" ;)

Yeah, he ruled. As I wasn't there at the moment when you took the group photo, I ended up with Klan-Star individual photo :loco:

For those who are not polish - "Klan" is a polish version of soap operas like Dynasty or Bold and Beautiful.

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
Yeah. We were sitting next to him on the curb, opposite the back door when I saw some folks asking him for an authograhph. I was like 'whut???'. We taked to him for a while and asked if he acctually came to the gig? He said when he started goign to shows (e.g.:Rolling Stones) we weren't even born yet. :)

A note of explanation for all the people from outside Poland. "Klan" that xSUIxTOMMYx is talking about is a soap opera and the guy is an actor. There wouldn't be anything weird about it if he wasn't 170 years old! I'm joking, he's like, 50 something and he rocked at the Anthrax show. So kool!

Ken Kaniff said:
Yeah. We were sitting next to him on the curb, opposite the back door

Me and my crew were standing by the back of the bus, drinking cerveza so I guess I might have been enough visible for you to recognize me ;)
Anyway, I`m sure that next time we`ll dink sth ice-cold.

Fresh Scott`s update written shortly b4 the gig:

(...)The roads in Poland are so bumpy they would send a pregnant woman into early labor.

We are pulling up to the hotel here in Warsaw. I’ll finish this up in a few minutes.

I didn’t lie this time. It’s only been about 45 minutes since I got off the bus. Andy and I are in the Executive Club business lounge here at the Royal Meridien hotel where the nice lady is bringing us coffee at regular intervals. They also upgraded us to this huge suite so six in a room today is not so bad. The suite would make a killer apartment.

I’ve been promising to finish the tour recap so I will do that now and I’ll keep it short (...)

(...) The Warsaw gig is only a few hours off so I’m going to go eat some Pierogies.
Stay safe my friends.
Scott

I`m sure that they liked Polish food and Polish crowd as well. So probably we can expect next update from the band itself in a short while.

One more thing about the show: I was surprised how well Scott and Joe were doing backing vocals. Many metal bands can't properly back up a vocalist, but the guys were great, especially Joe who sang a lot in harmony, even higher that John. Was he superb!

anthrax5zmn.jpg

anthrax7zmn.jpg

anthrax14zmn.jpg

anthrax22zmn.jpg

Anthrax3zmn.jpg

Anthrax4zmn.jpg

Here`s a fukking rare picture - my and my cycos hanging out with Polish actor who`s been playing one of main roles in the most popular soap-opera for 7 or 8 years.
This guy is in his 50`s and he still goes to rock gigs. I wish I was such a die-hard MF being his age. I`m sure I`ll be!

anthrax2zmn.jpg