Anthrax Rule Glasgow!

Jockthrax

Mar 9, 2002
Glasgow
www.anthrax.com
I just got back from the Garage and i have to say:
ANNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRAAAAAAXXXXX!
What a fuckin' show, the boys pulled out all the stops and the sold out crowd were fantastic. Im very drunk at the moment but here is what i remember of the set list.:Spin: not in order of coarse.....

1. Contact
2.What doesnt Die
3.Black Dahlia
4.Caught in a mosh
5.Got the time
6. Be all, end all
7.Metal Thrashing mad
8.Only.
9.Bring the noise
10. I am the law
11.Indians
12. madhouse
13. Whole lotta Rosie
14. Antisocial
15. Crush

I may have missed a couple but what the hell.
p.s. Anthrax playing "whole lotts Rosie" was the absolute dogs knackers.

I can't wait for Manchester tomorrow night if the setlist is anthing like Glasgow! Did they play Catharsis though? Saw on the website that they have been rehearsing it along with Crush and Cadillac Rock Box, but only saw Crush on the list! Went to Sheffield on Monday and they didn't play any of those songs, it was a similar set to the March dates, this is what i can remember:

Contact
What Doesn't Die
Superhero
Got The Time
Caught In A Mosh
Safe Home
Inside Out
Fueled
Anti Social
Black Lodge
Nobody Knows Anything
N.F.L.
Only
----
Be All, End All
Metal Thrashing Mad
Bring The Noise
I Am The Law

Amazing show,

I was right at the front where the baricade was coming away. Bush jumped just behind me, got 2 of Scotts picks, one from the floor and one landed in the back of my mates T-Shirt ( my mate got one anyway ). Mt ears still haven't recovered yet though ( the right ear is echoing like a motherfucker ), hope they recover soon:(, got my booklet for WCFYA signed by the guys and they promised they were coming back later this year.

My hoodie stinks aswell, covered in beer and absolutely caked in sweat.

Fucking great night.

howdy all, first time on here. I'm off to the manchester show tomorrow, saw them in march in manchester they rocked. who are supporting this time round?

jdelpi said:
Sweeeeeeeet!!! They played "Got the Time"!!! I hope they play that when they come back to the states. :rolleyes:

Justin, for a minute I thought you were serious, until I saw the smiley. I am so sick of that song, but I have to say when I saw them recently they played it with so much fire, it was great. I still hope they drop it though.

BIGPHAT442 said:
Justin, for a minute I thought you were serious, until I saw the smiley. I am so sick of that song, but I have to say when I saw them recently they played it with so much fire, it was great. I still hope they drop it though.
You guys might be bored of Got The Time, no one else is though, when they played it at Nottingham, the place went berzerk, it probably got the best reception of the night, so on that basis they're hardly going to drop it.

Yeah at least Got the Time is a song only about 3 minutes in length

Its not like it takes that much time out of a set, and live its awesome

Now Antisocial, that's my nomination for the door

BIGPHAT442 said:

Yeah, that sums up my feelings exactly.
I'd take "Got the Time" over a lot of other bands' stuff, but with limited time, I'd like to see something different from the guys.

To those of you who say that Antisocial has to be dropped from the set - well I am sorry but I cannot agree with you!!

I have been following the band since 87, so I have been lucky enough to have seen them play most songs off their albums - however 1987 is 16 years ago and there are lots of people in the audiences who havent been as lucky as me - therefore they probably have not heard Antisocial and to them the song gets its first ever live airing on the night they are there!!

Last night in Manchester the song went down great with full crowd singing and moshing - so if you are a long time Anthrax fan and need to go for a piss then please use this song as your cue to do so - but otherwise...

MOSH HARD!!!!!

I hope they don't cover any ac/dc tonite cover slayer by all means :hotjump:
There must be such a demand for anthrax if there gonna be back here again later this year :hotjump: hopefully they will tour here with fantomas :D

Pah, that reminds me to be mildly annoyed that once again Slayer miss out Glasgow, & Tomahawk too.

I thought when Anthrax played Whole Lotta Rosie it was awesome, & as always Anti-Social went down a storm. If they were getting rid of anything it has to be Bring The Noise because well...they just can't rap, thankfully:D

And yes, Anthrax once again owned Glasgow. Hurrah.

i didnae realise just how many cuntos from glasgow or near glasgow there were on here

minted :D

get yer arses down to nice n sleazys on saturday to see KUNT , mendeed, secondskin, pigscum, dionysus etc at 6 hours of hate

cherios ya baws