Anthrax - Spreading The Disease (10/10)

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
12946.jpg

Welcome to your nightmare! This album is perfect. Perfect guitar tone, top notch vocals, great drumming, killer bass playing, this has it all. This is a classic thrash album, and one Anthrax's best. After a great debut album like "Fistfull of Metal" you'd think Anthrax would fall victim to the sophmore slump. This is far from that. The album starts with "A.I.R.", a classic. The chorus is so catchy you'll be singing it for days. "Madhouse" is another Anthrax staple that's catchy and thrashy. "Medsua" is another unforgitable classic, and again, it's so terribly catchy. The album ends with a bang with "Gung Ho". The songs is fast as fuck and thrashes like crazy. Great headbanging song and a killer mosh song. This is a classic metal album and Anthrax's best.

Tracklist:

1. A.I.R
2. Lone Justice
3. Madhouse
4. S.S.C. / Stand Or Fall
5. The Enemy
6. Aftershock
7. Armed And Dangerous
8. Medusa
9. Gung-Ho

Definitely is an excellent release, though not perfect in my opinion. However, the young band definitely wrote some energetic songs for this album, the most lively of the Belladonna era. This is one of those CD's you can listen to numerous times with out getting bored, alot of fun too.

I listen to this album and Persistance of Time in the car all the time.
Definately one of the more fun thrash albums to listen to while driving.

Oblivious Maximus said:
12946.jpg

Welcome to your nightmare! This album is perfect. Perfect guitar tone, top notch vocals, great drumming, killer bass playing, this has it all. This is a classic thrash album, and one Anthrax's best. After a great debut album like "Fistfull of Metal" you'd think Anthrax would fall victim to the sophmore slump. This is far from that. The album starts with "A.I.R.", a classic. The chorus is so catchy you'll be singing it for days. "Madhouse" is another Anthrax staple that's catchy and thrashy. "Medsua" is another unforgitable classic, and again, it's so terribly catchy. The album ends with a bang with "Gung Ho". The songs is fast as fuck and thrashes like crazy. Great headbanging song and a killer mosh song. This is a classic metal album and Anthrax's best.

You say it's one of Anthrax's best, then in the conclusion say it's THE best.
IMO it's nowhere near their best. There are some good songs on there like Madhouse, but overall it's really lacking punch in the guitar sound and it's just not close to ATL, SOE, POT or WCFYA. Or Stomp come to think of it.