Anthrax / Testament / Death Angel

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Thursday September 27 @ The Vic.

The venue is what hooked me on this one.
Always a good time @ The Vic.

Would have loved to see someone else as they keep recycling the same bands through different tours (IE - Anthrax / Megadeth / Slayer / Testament / Death Angel).

Will still be good, but Overkill or VoiVod would have made this sweeter.

Who's in? :headbang:

I'm not into thrash metal so I'll pass on this one. I'm glad to see that a metal show is being booked at the Vic again. That was where I saw my first metal concert, Gwar, in 1994.

You don't like Anthrax????????

Dude, we've been over this again and again on another forum. No, I don't. I know supposedly they're a band I should like, but they've just never clicked for me. One of my good friend worships the ground they walk on and he tried to get me into them. That didn't work either. I think at this point it isn't gonna happen.

there is a lot to hate about them....they only have like 2 or 3 good albums

I have always been better at math than you..........

220px-AnthraxFistfulOfMetal.jpg

!B7(Gd8Q!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!i!EzLKYclTPBMz94EfGLQ~~_35.JPG

Among-The-Living.jpg

anthrax.jpg

sound+1.jpg

And I will give a strong 7 out of 10 for this:
Anthrax-Worship_Music-Frontal.jpg

I'm not into Anthrax either. They're ok but not that great. I used to like them when I was younger. In fact, I saw them at the Vic in 1996 (opening for the Misfits). That was a great show.

they had the guy from Armored Saint singing....no one was into them at this time. Misfits were doing thier return tours so they were packed. I was at this show too.

Wow. So it was a Danzig-fronted Misfits then? That would make sense I guess.

And I always preferred the Bush era Anthrax albums, and I tend to hate anything that starts with "Bush era." :lol:

Wow. So it was a Danzig-fronted Misfits then? That would make sense I guess.

And I always preferred the Bush era Anthrax albums, and I tend to hate anything that starts with "Bush era." :lol:

nope...Micheal Graves era. This was the year they reformed and basically played all the hits. This was the time where Anthrax struggled to get fans to come see them. Now they have to bring out Belladonna to do that.

No No No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oy vey!!!!!!!!!!
Seems like we need a separate MISFITS education thread!!!! LOL

This was the beginning of what's known today as Jerry-Fits, which stated with this MISFITS RESURRECTION tour, that had Jerry Only with brother Doyle on guitar and were fronted by an unknown guy Michale Graves. He admittingly never even heard a song by the band when being approached to front them. Rumor has it his sister was a big fan or knew the guys or something.

I actually drove up to Detroit from Champaign, IL at the time to see their second show ever.
It was great and they literally played almost everything from their catalog.

Danzig's last recorded effort with the Misfits was EARTH AD in the mid 80s.
He then went on to form SAMHAIN who eventually morphed into DANZIG.

Another interesting Jasonic / Misfits-related story....
I saw one of DANZIG's first shows ever as DANZIG.
They were originally going to continue as SAMHAIN, but then changed their name when getting signed by DEF JAM.
DEF JAM immediately put them on the road with SLAYER and TROUBLE before their debut came out.

Yeah, at this time ANTHRAX was definitely at their low.
I think they were supporting that VOLUME 8 or whatever it was called.

It's a shame they "went with the times" as their first album with Bush was really solid, IMHO.

No No No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oy vey!!!!!!!!!!
Seems like we need a separate MISFITS education thread!!!! LOL

This was the beginning of what's known today as Jerry-Fits, which stated with this MISFITS RESURRECTION tour, that had Jerry Only with brother Doyle on guitar and were fronted by an unknown guy Michale Graves. He admittingly never even heard a song by the band when being approached to front them. Rumor has it his sister was a big fan or knew the guys or something.

I actually drove up to Detroit from Champaign, IL at the time to see their second show ever.
It was great and they literally played almost everything from their catalog.

Danzig's last recorded effort with the Misfits was EARTH AD in the mid 80s.
He then went on to form SAMHAIN who eventually morphed into DANZIG.

Another interesting Jasonic / Misfits-related story....
I saw one of DANZIG's first shows ever as DANZIG.
They were originally going to continue as SAMHAIN, but then changed their name when getting signed by DEF JAM.
DEF JAM immediately put them on the road with SLAYER and TROUBLE before their debut came out.

Yeah, at this time ANTHRAX was definitely at their low.
I think they were supporting that VOLUME 8 or whatever it was called.

It's a shame they "went with the times" as their first album with Bush was really solid, IMHO.

I'm familiar with the Graves era. I just didn't figure them being enough of a draw, certainly not more than Anthrax. Of course I saw that lineup in 2000, so maybe by then the novelty of having some sort of Misfits back had worn off.

My dream thrash package (and yeah, go ahead and thrash me all you want, lol):

KREATOR
TESTAMENT
FORBIDDEN
HEATHEN

That reminds me. The thrash package I would really love is of the big three of German thrash. I would buy a ticket to that in a heartbeat.

Kreator
Destruction
Sodom