Antimatter's non-metal and electronic influences?

apex nemesis

Dec 13, 2002
Manchester UK
I was just wondering what non-metal bands were an influence or inspiration to you antimatter guys as there is a lot of electronic sounds in your music? I've heard comparisons to Portishead.

Also do you listen to bands like Skinny Puppy, Wumpscut, Velvet Acid Christ, Hocico, android lust and Haujobb at all? I know you sound nothing like any of those but still i'm assuming you like some electronic music artists?

S.I.B. are the best. Apex, is that a pic of you on the avatar like?

I can't think what S.I.B. stands for??

Yes that pictue is of me, although manipulated.

Oh and what computer music software do antimatter use? (if any)Cubase? Cakewalk? Pro Tools?

Im mostly influenced by non-metal. Except for Celtic Frosts dramatic-operatic moods on the 'In To The Pandemonium' album, which if I could emulate one day Ill be a really happy boy.

In fact, in the small hours of Friday night we had live cymbals set up and things got very frosty indeed .....

Originally posted by Strangelight

Im trying to talk Mick into doing Sorrows Of The Moon
but in a Bob Dylanesque kind of way

:headbang: :hotjump:

You should also do "Blowin in the Wind" in a Frost kind of way.

Tom Warrior-style moaning: "How many roads must a man walk down before you call him a man? Ugh!" Proper doom!

Originally posted by Nepenthean Quality
@aphrodite_knight

Aaaargh! You've already heard the Gathering-album? I'm :mad: and :loco:. Also jealous. How is it? Do tell. Pretty please... :)

HAVE FUCKEN FUN APHRODITE KNIGHT :mad:

its been days that i'm fighting with meself not to download it from internet :eek:

i will resisttttttttt

indeed :eek: , i suffer with you Nepenthean quality...
but if she has it, some other tricky journalist might have put it online at kazaa or something.
i will wait till the final release though, i want it good in once

We are suffering at the moment. Ready to explode :(
The buming is needed, to be perfectly honest
no pain no gain dudes!!
just keep going...it'll be fine in the end. just hope theres not too many technical problems. if so, just punch eachother dead hard and that.

We are suffering at the moment. Ready to explode :(
The buming is needed, to be perfectly honest

I think you should have a dinner with Mick and listen to French rap stuff , the atmosphere will be so relaxed after that ...
Ever heard French rap music ? so damn funny ... you'd both be laughing to death ...