antisocial(is it ever going to be out of the set)

mrthrax

riffer madness
Feb 17, 2002
australia
Visit site
antisocial is a great song,but i am sure fans wouldnt miss it in the set for something else

i dont know how they could leave out random acts or in a zone!!

And I want to add, that's not an Anthrax hit but a big success of a french band call Trust.
"Sects" was also a Trust's cover made by Anthrax.
I think that's Charlie who loved this fucking band...
I prefer the original in french, so I'm agree to replace it by...... "Invisible" or "C11H17N2O2SNa".

I think In a Zone has one of there best riffs, and would love to see this in the set. On another note, a Drummer friend of mine who had never heard Anthrax, first saw the Antisocial Video, and thought it was great. even though the drumming is not tough, he thought it was a great drumming song, and since Charlie is a huge trust fan there must be something to the drum beats in there songs.

Originally posted by one man stands
I think In a Zone has one of there best riffs, and would love to see this in the set. On another note, a Drummer friend of mine who had never heard Anthrax, first saw the Antisocial Video, and thought it was great. even though the drumming is not tough, he thought it was a great drumming song, and since Charlie is a huge trust fan there must be something to the drum beats in there songs.

Didn't Nicko McBrain used to be in trust? That would explain it.

Antisocial DOES kick ass live! I hope they keep it in the set.
Hypothetical question: Who played "Antisocial" the best? Charlie, Nicko, or Clive Burr? :D

The best wasn't Charlie, not Nicko, not Clive, but Jean-Emile called "Jeannot". This guy play on "Repression" in studio and recorded the song with Trust.
And I finished by saying that now Trust doesn't exist and Bernie Bonvoisin (ex Trust's singer) is a movie realisator.
Check out "Les Demons de Jesus", this first movie, it kills !!!!

I love how they put in different twists on songs live. I have a burned bootleg of a performance in Australia in 1996. I think they were at their prime then. That show in Melbourne just blows me away. Bush is all pumped and out of control. And I love the chorus on Scotts guitars during "Anti-Social". The way Paul Crook plays a little Eddie Van Halen at the end of Bring the Noise. And how Frank sings a verse on that song too. How the guitars rest during Scott's first verse. Oh and how they cut out the "mi mi mi mi mi mi mi". I always thought that was a little bit cheezee in that song.

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing Bring the Noise replaced, it's hard to lose your biggest commercial success, so it's not gonna happen.

I would rather see more original Anthrax material in their set list, rather than a bunch of cover tunes (Antisocial, Bring the Noise, Got the Time, etc.) Leave those for the b-sides :D

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
As much as I wouldn't mind seeing Bring the Noise replaced, it's hard to lose your biggest commercial success, so it's not gonna happen.

I would rather see more original Anthrax material in their set list, rather than a bunch of cover tunes (Antisocial, Bring the Noise, Got the Time, etc.) Leave those for the b-sides :D

I think these are the songs that get the best crowd participation, why don't they play a longer set??the last time they headlined it wasn't even 1.5 hour!!!They are gettin old!!!!

nah that last headine show they did on this tour wasn't planned it was jsut aspin off form the motorhead support, whilst they are gods, they still have to practive songs they are gonna play live.....hence why the setlist for their last headline slot was a combo of songs they had been playing on the motorhead tour, wehen they come back early next year for their own deal you know they will destroy ( and for a long time too ;)

Originally posted by dutchy
I think these are the songs that get the best crowd participation, why don't they play a longer set??the last time they headlined it wasn't even 1.5 hour!!!They are gettin old!!!!

Sure. These songs DO get the best crowd participation. As Danny Shitz would say, DO THE BATH! :lol:

Originally posted by lokey
nah that last headine show they did on this tour wasn't planned it was jsut aspin off form the motorhead support, whilst they are gods, they still have to practive songs they are gonna play live.....hence why the setlist for their last headline slot was a combo of songs they had been playing on the motorhead tour, wehen they come back early next year for their own deal you know they will destroy ( and for a long time too ;)

I was pointing at the Vol 8 tour 2000, lokey!!!bit loco in the head??:lol:

I don't know about all of you but when I go to see a band head line I like to get my moneys worth and hear at least 2 hours of tunes. If Metallica can do it. I know Anthrax can easily do it.
And another thing. Fuck staying with the same set list. Mix it up once in awhile. Throw in something different once in awhile . I love when bands are spontainios ( did I spell that right)?.

When they headlined on the Killer A's tour, they played "Metal Thrashing Mad" and "Be All, End All". That was pretty cool. I don't remember how long the set was though.
They also had Terrence & Phillip's "Uncle Fukka" song to open with instead of the Blues Brother's.