Antithesis of Opeth in your collection

Sunn 0))) rule. I guess Drone is the other opposite of Opeth. I am going to start a band that is a mixture of The Locust and Sunn 0))) and that will truely be the antithesis of Opeth!

I don't think drone can be considered the opposite of Opeth, because of the heaviness and marginal/progressive status.

On the original subject: I have albums by... maybe 200-300 different artists, and it's impossible to say which is the farthest from Opeth, I'd probably choose Sås och Kopp, who play Swedish children's songs, but then again, the Swedishness (is that even a word?) is a link to the big O, so...
hmmm... this is hard :) especially as I don't have many pop records. I'll get back to this later if something comes up.

Radioheads "Hail to the Thief" disc.

OK Computer also (which, btw, I'll defend as the best modern rock disc ever created)

I have a lot of other light stuff, but I can actually find similarities. Music that has some sense of "drama" is a pretty common theme throughout the collection, regardless of intensity.

Oh yeah... the "Trainspotting" soundtrack. That one too :)

soundave said:
Ah... Genre? Sounds like?

Simple straight rock with shitty keyboards, little latin influences, some reaggae sounds.

With the political lyrics, its is, as I said, the ultimate Opeth-antithesis of my collection. - And no recommandation ! Espacially because of the germany-related lyrics.

atropos_project said:
OK Computer also (which, btw, I'll defend as the best modern rock disc ever created)

At the very least, one of the best. Not really a fan of "Karma Police", though. Not that the song is bad, but it sounds out of place on the album.

Hügelgräber said:
Simple straight rock with shitty keyboards, little latin influences, some reaggae sounds.

With the political lyrics, its is, as I said, the ultimate Opeth-antithesis of my collection. - And no recommandation ! Espacially because of the germany-related lyrics.

Nice. Thanks. Sounds pretty bad! Does it have any humor value?