ant't request a song

tkt

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2006
Hi there

Nearly a week now I can not request any song online. Below is the message I get every time:

Your request failed because of the following reason

* Unable to connect to bec.servemp3.com:1221. Station might be offline.
The error returned was Connection timed out (110).

What is going on? Is it my computer or something else?

Does anybody has a solution for this?

Thanks

Todor

I hadn't requested any songs for a couple of weeks, and now when I tried it, I got similar response as your's. I opened gate 1221 in my firewall and tried again and it says:

Thank you for Listening to Beyond Ear Candy!

Thank you for requesting one of our songs. Unfortunately, you are requesting from a non-member page...Non-members are limited to the following request policy: Currently 1 Request & Dedication attempt is allowed per 30 minutes.

BEC Premium Content members get *at least* 5 requests every 30 minutes *plus* CD quality streams.

For less than the cost of a CD, you can get at least 5 times more requests AND CD Quality Stereo streams! Read More Here

Email BEC Admin with questions, comments, complaints, and concerns. Thank You again for Tuning into Beyond Ear Candy
I figure the first request went through, but since my gate was closed, the response bounced and caused the error. The second request went though, but this time it's the time limit preventing me. (The first request was obviously registered, even it failed)

So, open gate 1221 in your firewall, then the request function should work, I suppose.

Hmm.. Dave might have a second opinion if there is something else behind this. Did you address the gate 1221 and add the the time limit only recently? I never bumped into it before.

That's wierd. I've been requesting songs all week. Let me talk to Dave and see what he says. I'm sure he can fix it.

No, it doesn't work after I waited 30 mins. Same things pops up again as previously. Has to be bug in the program.

When in the past I was able to request songs, the request window opened quickly. Now it takes ages to open and I get the above message. When I clicked request again, thinking that the 1st click was unsuccessful the window is displaying St Enigma's message. But even after 30 min. is still the same ...and so for a week now.

Thanks for the heads-up, there is an apparent issue with the request feature. Will look into, likely something on the server side of things. Until get it resolved, we'll have to count on the "Metal man from Beyond" to choose a cool selection of Power/Prog M-E-T-A-L ! :headbang: Crank it up LOUD!