Any alternative to waves bass rider?

Jun 12, 2012
Hey Guys

what do you think about waves bass rider? I search for a way to get the bass frequencys under control (so that every note has same much bass ... so in my mixing often one note is louder then another and want to get rid of it .. with compression ... no way)

i just wonderd if there is no product on the market which does the same? it cant be??

Greetings
NW

When you guys use bass/vocal rider or similar plugins, do you do it before or after compression, or instead of compression? Do you leave some work for the compressor to level, or just use compression to sculpt the transient and use the rider for level balance?

I use it before compression. I think of it as a helping hand to help get the leveling ideal before any tone modification.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=45553

Moar deatails there.

Maybe it's not as easy to use as a dedicated program is but does the job

I followed through the vid and got it working. It actually works 'live', but you can have it write the automation if you want to. I split my bass into lows/highs so i tried this on the 'low' track and it seems to do the job. Of course i'll have to bug around with it a bit.

This is reason why to be happy more that I bought REAPER recently. I find more and more awesome things about it.
Only thing it doesn't have so good sidechain comp possibility as FL Studio (for stuff I need in my electronic music production).
BTW in FL Studio there is possibillity to get something out of peak controller plugin for this job.