Any Dimarzio Evo 2 users?

guitarfishbay

Sep 21, 2012
I've installed a Dimarzio Evolution in my alder strat and like it, however find it has more high end fizz than what I'm used to with EMGs.

The Evo 2 claims to have less 4-5khz and slightly more midrange, but is also a bit lower in output. I'm concerned it won't be as tight as the normal Evolution. I tune to drop B.

Any users here who've tried both? Any comments? I like the voicing and tightness of the Evo but the Evo 2 looks on paper to have the tweaks I'd want for it.

Played a guitar with it and sounded great. I also used to have the regular Evolution in a Ibby iron label and i loved the tone. I would buy and Evo 2 for sure if i see one at a good price.

I have strong experience with a Evo 2/Evo neck. It requires so much sacrificing to have full bodied sound tuned real low and hard to tone up past Standard C# 12-56's. I've tried 13-58's, 13'60s and 13-62's. I have nearly 5 years with a Evo 2/Evo neck in a Mahogany setneck maple/ebony neck with a maple cap and a Floyd. It's amazing for what it's used for and damn unforgiving. I use 11-54's for Standard E.