Any electro-acoustic guitars you can recommend?

DivisionByZero

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2007
Germany
www.temptamentum.com
I plan to buy an electro-acoustic guitar that I want to use for homerecording (Metal and Indie) and playing live (Rock/Metal).
Budget is ~ 450 Euros.

To be honest, I don't have much clue of what to look for when it comes to acoustic guitars, but I liked these two (haven't tested any at the local dealer so far):
Ibanez AEF 37 http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_aef37e_tcs.htm
Yamaha CPX-700 http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_cpx700_bl.htm

What do you think? Any general or particular recommendations (shape, pickups, feedback)?

I don't have very special requirements (well... it shouldn't sound crappy :rolleyes:) when it comes to features etc. I read a lot of good things about the Seagull guitars, but man they're ugly as fuck and I don't wanna look like the guitarist of the local catholic church band :lol:

Thanks.

Faith, simon & patrick,
lakewood, cort, takemine and martin.
neither ibanez or yamaha accoustics do any thing for me

i wouldn't go for an ibanez acoustic though. I played a couple and never was blown away by their sound. most yamahas between 500$ and 1k sound really good compared to the price so I would go for a yamaha.

PS: i think seagull-guitars look awesome :)

edit:
Maybe try an Ovation?
+1

The Ovations have nice electronics for the live setup, and more of a mids rock tone when recorded with mics in a studio.

I just got an Alvarez, I don't know the model but it's rosewood and was around $400. I'm no expert on acoustics but it plays and sounds nice to my ears. All the ibanez acoustics I played were pretty much crap.

Thanks for all the advices and warnings! Yeah, I wasn't sure about the Ibanez. I just saw that one of my locals dealers has some Ovations within my price range (Celebrity series - very suitable :rolleyes:), I think I will give them a try.

WTF: just saw that they sell the Celebrity CC24 for 300 bucks on musiciansfriend, while the price over here is 400€ (=$575) :zombie:

Sorry to bump the old thread, but i'm interested in buying a decent but not super expensive (my budget is 200-600€) electro-acoustic guitar, so if somebody can chime in and give me some insight i'd be glad !