Any fans of Augury, Quo Vadis, Necrophagist, Atheretic, or Sleep Terror here?

Atheretic are awful, don't waste your money.

Furthermore, Necrophagist, Sleep Terror and Atheretic are not blending prog with metal, they're just technically inclined death metal bands, or, in the case of Sleep Terror, useless. Sleep Terror are one of those bands that are so disappointing, because, while they obviously know how to play their instruments, they couldn't write a memorable riff or melody if their lives depended on it.

Cocaine said:
Atheretic are awful, don't waste your money.

Furthermore, Necrophagist, Sleep Terror and Atheretic are not blending prog with metal, they're just technically inclined death metal bands, or, in the case of Sleep Terror, useless. Sleep Terror are one of those bands that are so disappointing, because, while they obviously know how to play their instruments, they couldn't write a memorable riff or melody if their lives depended on it.

Well i guess it's different tastes for different people. There are prog elements in the above mentioned bands. To say Sleep Terror areN'T progressive at all in totally wrong. They have very sick and weird challenging odd time changes and tempos.

Just started listening to Quo Vadis 3 weeks ago...I've heard all their albums so far and must admit that they impressed me so much!!!! Good stuff!!!

JosephAcevedo said:
Well i guess it's different tastes for different people. There are prog elements in the above mentioned bands. To say Sleep Terror areN'T progressive at all in totally wrong. They have very sick and weird challenging odd time changes and tempos.
The bands ability to vary themselves doesn't make it progressive. It doesnt make it good, either. They're no more progressive than a band such as Botch, who did what they do much better, years ago.

Black Rain said:
quo vadis would be much better if their drummer didn't blow

hahaha! yeah, ok, love to see you play even half as good as him!

The only thing that blows is your lack of comprehension of the great technicality in his drumming skills including the talent to be able to play jazz and death metal beats with constant time and tempo changes. enough said

check out Anata or Spawn of Possession. the latest cds from both of those bands has quite a bit of tech wankery going on.