Some questions for Tim........

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Hey Tim,

If you are reading and if you can find the time to reply I would like to know some of the following.

1. You guys always be mixing Progressive elements with Death metal elements ... Will the next album be more prog/power orientated or more death/grind orientated? Do you plan to balance both genres on next album?

2. Unlike other modern death metal bands I notice you guys don't use any slam/groove breakdowns, ever thought about throwing one here or there? In addition what about some neoclassical elements?

3. You guys have toured with Kataklysm, Dying Fetus, Hate eternal, Amorphis, Krisiun, Jungle Rot, Edguy, Hammerfall, and currently touring (or about to go on tour with) Stratovarius, Opeth, Nevermore, and Sonata Arctica. Do you guys prefer touring with power metal bands more or death metal bands or does it really not matter?

4. I know you guys are (or mostly) fans of older prog elemental Death Metal bands like Death, Cynic, Pestilence , Nocturnus, ect...... I like to know if you have heard any more current/newer prog/death metal bands like Necrophagist, Sleep Terror, Yyrkoon, or Sceptic?

1. You guys always be mixing Progressive elements with Death metal elements ... Will the next album be more prog/power orientated or more death/grind orientated? Do you plan to balance both genres on next album? - they've had this style for 3 albums now, i don't see a change. they have their own sound and they are keeping it. i asked Tim about what they want to do focus on and he responded as a split with no real focus and that IE is IE and thats that.

2. Unlike other modern death metal bands I notice you guys don't use any slam/groove breakdowns, ever thought about throwing one here or there? In addition what about some neoclassical elements? - are you suggesting they sell out?

3 is a good question as well as 4 :) - they are good cause i can't answer them nor did i think of such things.

zmetallica said:
1. You guys always be mixing Progressive elements with Death metal elements ... Will the next album be more prog/power orientated or more death/grind orientated? Do you plan to balance both genres on next album? - they've had this style for 3 albums now, i don't see a change. they have their own sound and they are keeping it. i asked Tim about what they want to do focus on and he responded as a split with no real focus and that IE is IE and thats that.

2. Unlike other modern death metal bands I notice you guys don't use any slam/groove breakdowns, ever thought about throwing one here or there? In addition what about some neoclassical elements? - are you suggesting they sell out?

3 is a good question as well as 4 :) - they are good cause i can't answer them nor did i think of such things.

About question 1. I don't know about you but they seem to get heavier and more aggressive each album. What you are telling me is that they sounded the same on every album i guess?

About question 2 - ::SIGH:: How the fuck is using a slam/groove or neoclassical riff selling out? IE has always done something differenet every album. Og btw I was never suggesting them to sell out! Selling out would be is if they started using bouncy hardcore/nu metal riffs. Using slam riffs or neoclassical riffs is still VERY metal.

JosephAcevedo said:
About question 1. I don't know about you but they seem to get heavier and more aggressive each album. What you are telling me is that they sounded the same on every album i guess?

About question 2 - ::SIGH:: How the fuck is using a slam/groove or neoclassical riff selling out? IE has always done something differenet every album. Og btw I was never suggesting them to sell out! Selling out would be is if they started using bouncy hardcore/nu metal riffs. Using slam riffs or neoclassical riffs is still VERY metal.
next time i'll make sure to have the rolling eyes or a winking thing. sorry if you mistook what i said. i know what he was talking about, but the word 'breakdowns' makes me think hardcore :)

i don't really think they got heavier each album, i think they add more layers to each song each album because of one reason or another. he seemed like he was asking if they would become more death or prog oriented. it really doesn't seem like its leaning to either end. thats at least what tim told me. being heavy and agressive doesn't mean its more death metal or more progressive. i think each album they are getting closer and closer to their own sound. on BiO they are more progressive, but at the same time they incorperated more growls and screams. so i think they are staying the same, just enhancing their sound and polishing it, like most bands do. the biggest change i notice from each album is better production and more layers to their own sound (the addition of a lead vocalist helps this too).