Any fans of Tiamat?

Hell Awaits Us All

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
Killing You
they are a band that is rarely discussed on here and they have really released some excellent material. "wildhoney" is one of the best albums of its kind I have ever heard, their latest "prey" is also excellent.

any opinions?

haven't heard anything from them but this pic always gives me a chuckle...
tiamat__03.jpg

Sumerian Cry and The Astral Sleep > everything else they've done. Also, Sumerian Cry and The Astral Sleep > 95% of everything else everyone else has done.

Wildhoney is one of my favourite albums, it is a master piece, their first three albums are also very good, Sumerian Cry less so but it is a debut, its worth comparing it to Opeth's Orchid if you want an idea of how it compares to their other work and where it stands in the bands career.

Their later and mid-career style is not completely bad, while it is not doom or even metal, A Deeper Kind of Slumber is a good album. I also dont mind the style started on Skeleton Skeletron, that style of atmospheric gothic rock isn't that bad despite getting a bit dull occasionally. However their last two albums have been worse then Load and Reload.

^ Ive heard Tiamat compared to Opeth and the likes and decided to check them out awhile back. Tried Wildhoney and found it boring. The pic of the band above looks like they are a cult of mass murderers...for real.

Wildhoney is one of my favourite albums, it is a master piece, their first three albums are also very good, Sumerian Cry less so but it is a debut, its worth comparing it to Opeth's Orchid if you want an idea of how it compares to their other work and where it stands in the bands career.

Sumerian Cry is hardly Tiamat's best.

Clouds and Wildhoney are my favorites. I also enjoy Deeper Kind of SLumber

I use to spin The Astral Sleep a lot and it's really great. I need to listen to it again sometime.

^ Ive heard Tiamat compared to Opeth and the likes and decided to check them out awhile back. Tried Wildhoney and found it boring. The pic of the band above looks like they are a cult of mass murderers...for real.

I thought Wildhoney was pretty boring too. I gave it a download on a recommendation for Therion-like bands. While I like their overall sound, I find them severely lacking in good riffs and melodies. I'll probably check out their other albums, though, in hopes that there's something catchier than Wildhoney.

All I've heard from them was Wildhoney, and that was a few years back. I like the band's style, and it is a great album, but I would never compare it with any of Opeth's work.