Any fans of Winterborn ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
Was replying to a Vanden Plas thread and listening to a VP song on youtube. Well the VP song ended and the next video was by a band called Winterborn. I don't come across as being particularly picky because I am the type that believes in saying something nice or not saying anything (Axel Rose notwithstanding) but finding music I really dig is tough. I dig this Winterborn band. I listened to four songs by them. If anyone has any suggestions on this band........ I am open.

2006's Cold Reality was some excellent catchy melodic metal. 2008's Farewell To Reality was not bad, but underwhelming compared to the 1st one IMO.

Check out these 2 songs from the Cold Reality album.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually did listen to both of those songs, but thank you so much. I love their groove. Modern, yet lots of traditional grooves. I hate to post on something ten years old, but I completely missed these guys and after listening to four or five songs from youtube, this would get some serious spins from me. I am going to get the "Cold Reality" release. I was mainly curious if anyone else here heard them. It isn't super original, yet it really doesn't sound like anyone else either...... cool stuff.

Yes, I'm like the biggest fan of Winterborn. Cold Reality is probably a top 15 all-time album for me.
Teemu Koskela is a phenomenal vocalist and I'm shocked this band never got bigger than they were.

Yes, I'm like the biggest fan of Winterborn. Cold Reality is probably a top 15 all-time album for me.
Teemu Koskela is a phenomenal vocalist and I'm shocked this band never got bigger than they were.

Cool !! Good taste there. Looking for the disc now. It seems to be out of print. However, they had a single in 2014 and are working on a new full length release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to reply to my own reply, but after listening to them over and over....... this band is almost like a missing link. This is great modern American Powermetal being Finns or not. Sorry I am jacked up over this, but I can't help it ^_____^

Winterborn is awesome. You gotta love Wildheart. Such an awesome song. Gets you pumped up when you hear it.

Cool !! Good taste there. Looking for the disc now. It seems to be out of print.

It is, as far as I know. I asked their guitarist about a year ago and he said that he didn't have any copies of the album left to sell.

That said, I literally struck gold as I was able to get a copy (the only copy they had) at ProgPower this year from the booth all the way on the right in the merch area (I forget who it was, sorry).

I had my copy stolen (along with some other rare/out-of-print albums) when I was moving from LA to San Francisco about 3 years ago and I never thought I'd see a physical copy of that album again.

And that's why ProgPower is the best.

That is flipping awesome dude !!!
Found a couple of used discs on Amazon. Would rather buy new. Maybe the band will get a quarter out of it. Ha ha ha. Great find though. I was looking for some Hibria @ PPUSA and couldn't find any. Not knocking vendors because I have found gems in the past from them. Just saying it wasn't my year as far as merch. Hibria might have had to cancel, but they left an impression on me just listening to youtube stuff. Would love to see them come one year soon.

It is, as far as I know. I asked their guitarist about a year ago and he said that he didn't have any copies of the album left to sell.

That said, I literally struck gold as I was able to get a copy (the only copy they had) at ProgPower this year from the booth all the way on the right in the merch area (I forget who it was, sorry).

I had my copy stolen (along with some other rare/out-of-print albums) when I was moving from LA to San Francisco about 3 years ago and I never thought I'd see a physical copy of that album again.

And that's why ProgPower is the best.

Thanks for bringing this up... I bought this back in 2007... listen to it once or twice but it didn't really move me. I loaded it it the car this weekend and gave it a good listen, I really like this...I don't know why it didn't make an impression on me back in 2007 but I've been listening to it for 4 days straight...good stuff...:kickass:

It is strange that stuff like that happens, but it does. Many moons ago, a good friend of mine sent me a copy of Tad Morose "Matters of the Dark." I put it in and was pretty "meh" about it. As PPUSA drew nearer, I decided to put it back in and it pretty much ripped my head off and shit down my neck. To this day, I can't understand why it didn't grab me at first listen. Tad Morose Urban Breed era is one of the most incredible bands ever.
Glad you dig the Winterborn though. As I said, it was dumb luck I ran across them. A band that can be heavy and melodic at the same time while using traditional style guitar riffs floats my boat. This band does this. What is not to love. Most importantly, they wrote great songs.

Bryant

Thanks for bringing this up... I bought this back in 2007... listen to it once or twice but it didn't really move me. I loaded it it the car this weekend and gave it a good listen, I really like this...I don't know why it didn't make an impression on me back in 2007 but I've been listening to it for 4 days straight...good stuff...:kickass: