10 Disappointments of 2014

Hmm ... probably Edguy - Space Police - Defenders of the Crown. At this point it seems they're just going through the motions. Kinda surprising when the best track turned out to be the cock rock-y Love Tyger.

Oh no! Looks like I don't fit Firehead's definition of what a trve metulhed is!

MoHRupr.jpg

Two things:

1. You spelled 'true' wrong-twice!!
2. I don't think I want to fuck you. Judging by your pic, you need to lose some weight and grow your hair out to fit my standards.

Oh, and a sex change would greatly help.

I agree about the VP. It totally failed to grab me. I'll give it more shots but...eh?

And now I'm going to risk a banhammer to the face...Evergrey - Hymns for the Broken. I was expecting more...Evergrey-ness. I dunno, maybe I have an unfairly high expectation, but this album felt well short of what they've shown to be easily accomplishable in the past.

That said, I have 50 albums from 2014 (and a few more that I need to buy), and only two real gripes (some blind buys didn't pan out, but that's just how that game goes)? Fucking great year.

Dude.... I am practically "Mr. Vanden Plas" but it took me a loooong time to digest. When it did though, I found it to be absolutely incredible.

I really liked the Overkill (especially the title track) and Brainstorm though.... As far as Evergrey, I will do like I alsways do and plead the fifth. They are a band I SHOULD like, but other than the one song "She Speaks to the Dead" I never could "get."