Any good, underrated metal bands?

Watchtower is proof that the best progressive metal (well, with some potential exceptions...) was the early stuff. Energetic Disassembly is A Farewell to Kings meets Stained Class meets Kill 'Em All. Extremely underrated band.

What bands do you listen to anyway? Because if you're new to this forum, people may be skipping over bands obvious to them because they're popular around here although you may be missing some of them.

What bands do you listen to anyway? Because if you're new to this forum, people may be skipping over bands obvious to them because they're popular around here although you may be missing some of them.

Yah, I just joined this form a few days ago. I listen to Nile, Vader, All Shall Perish (rare exception to the "i dislike -core rule), Symphony X, At the Gates, Becoming the Archetype, Dark Tranquility, Dio, Exodus, Testament, Annihilator, Grand Magus, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Kataklysm, Miseration, Scar Symmetry, Morbid Angel, Judas Priest, Winds of Plague (rare exception to the "i dislike -core rule as well),Iron Maiden, and that's pretty much it, not counting grunge and some other rock. I also listen to a bit of thrashcore.

Underrated bands? Where do I begin as there are so many.

Ethereal Pandemonium - (kind of) black metal band with female vocals;
Transentience - Gothic metal with female vocals;
Age of Nemesis - Progressive metal;
PainDivision - metal;
Hammerheart - Similar sound to Iron maiden only way better.
Crimsonfire - Progressive metal
Leatherwolf
Temtris - Progressive/Gothic with female vocals

Kudos to VVVVV for recommending this so long ago, and Krow for reminding me indirectly. Dawn of Dreams - Darklight Awakening, some pretty solid melodic death/black metal.

Master's Hammer ... I don't understand what's wrong with people always forgetting this when talking about the history of black metal :l

Both of the bands mentioned in the two previous posts have quite a few fans on this site already. ;)

Yah, I just joined this form a few days ago. I listen to Nile, Vader, All Shall Perish (rare exception to the "i dislike -core rule), Symphony X, At the Gates, Becoming the Archetype, Dark Tranquility, Dio, Exodus, Testament, Annihilator, Grand Magus, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Kataklysm, Miseration, Scar Symmetry, Morbid Angel, Judas Priest, Winds of Plague (rare exception to the "i dislike -core rule as well),Iron Maiden, and that's pretty much it, not counting grunge and some other rock. I also listen to a bit of thrashcore.

Winds of Plague is the worst Deathcore band I know of, how did you let them be an exception?

I try to get everyone to listen to Zero Hour, so try them. Dark Deceiver or Towers of Avarice for the album.