Lesser Known Bands That Kickass

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
Just looking for some new sounds from any subgenre of metal. The lesser known part isn't terribly important, just trying to get away from all the standard recommendations, so don't think you need to recommend some incredibly obscure band that I won't be able to find anywhere. No giant lists either, just throw out a few awesome finds you've been headbanging to recently.

Voivod, a great progressive thrash band that gets very little of the respect they deserve. A few people here like them, but I fail to see why albums like Dimension Hatröss and Nothingface aren't bloody worshipped like they should be.

Necrophagia also has the vocalist from Sigh, incidentally another band you should check out. I would also recommend To-Mera, Spiral Architect and Behold...The Arctopus. Probably know of them, but worth a try.

I also agree with Gory Blister

No, they are actually pretty cool. Not sure if I have any with Phil tho.. my brother downloaded these 3 cds off itunes
Divine Art of Torture
Cannibal Holocaust ep
Harvest Ritual vol 1
They are good, I havent listened to them extensively but I love the song Dead Skin Slave.

Dude speaking of NILE
they are doing a tour to south africa so i checked the local touring band with them, DEANE CRESCENT, fucking christ they are pretty cool.
the singer is unreal dude and they got an awesome sound, sick guitar solo in the song blood virgin.

never thought that quality would come from africa:zombie:.

lol:lol: