Lesser known/obscure progressive Metal bands?

A. Iverson said:
^

thats not a regular bandana, its not even a bandana, the checkered red/white peice of cloth is called a 'ghutra' or 'shmagh', and its exclusive to countries of the Arabian Gulf
I've always asked myself actually, as these 'ghutras' come in different colours, i.e. red/white, black/white, blue/white or green/white, do these different colours also symbolize different meanings?

sister ophelia said:
I've always asked myself actually, as these 'ghutras' come in different colours, i.e. red/white, black/white, blue/white or green/white, do these different colours also symbolize different meanings?

well for the most part, we bahrainis usually stick to a plain white one

figo2.jpg

and saudis usually wear the red/white ones.

as for the black/white, green/white, grey/white....etc i dont know where they originated from, but i only seee them being used in Jordan and neighboring countries

and no these colors do not symbolize any different meanings, this garment, as someone pointed out, did originate centuries ago with the purpose of protection agaist sand, sun, cold...etc, but now its primary use is one of heritage fashion.

hope that answered your question :)

"Dont want to show up to your next suicide bombing under-dressed? tired of those old rags you wear day in and day out? (literally). then head down to bahrain outfitters for all the latest sand dwelling fashions. once youre draped in our high end luxury tunics and handkerchiefs, even the camels will want to mate with you! for limited time only coupons, visit your local water hole."

NineFeetUnderground said:
"Dont want to show up to your next suicide bombing under-dressed? tired of those old rags you wear day in and day out? (literally). then head down to bahrain outfitters for all the latest sand dwelling fashions. once youre draped in our high end luxury tunics and handkerchiefs, even the camels will want to mate with you! for limited time only coupons, visit your local water hole."

Haha...I literally Laughed Out Loud for that one.

A. Iverson said:
well for the most part, we bahrainis usually stick to a plain white one

figo2.jpg

and saudis usually wear the red/white ones.

as for the black/white, green/white, grey/white....etc i dont know where they originated from, but i only seee them being used in Jordan and neighboring countries

and no these colors do not symbolize any different meanings, this garment, as someone pointed out, did originate centuries ago with the purpose of protection agaist sand, sun, cold...etc, but now its primary use is one of heritage fashion.

hope that answered your question :)

Yeah, cheers!
:)

belgarath68 said:
*said in French John Cleese accent* Oh yes, it's very nice.

Actually, that reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy where Slarty Bartfast created the fjords of Norway.
Good movie, I just remembered I have that book on audiobook but still haven't "read" it.

Zero Hour
Psychotic Waltz -- Good luck finding their CDs. But, check out www.psychoticwaltz.com for samples. My friend used to be the drummer and owns a record store and he can't even get me copies of all their stuff. That same friend told me that Chuck Schuldiner, whom he toured with, said Psychotic was one of his favorite bands. How's that for praise!