Any Heathen fans here? Mike "Yaz" Jastremski has passed away this morning

metallady

no level member
Sep 16, 2002
I was at a friend’s site and read this:

“Yaz was the former longtime bassist for the bay area thrash band Heathen. He died a few hours ago. No, I don't know hat happened yet as Dave and Lee are in a state of shock and can't really say anything. Please, if you guys know the band personally, hold off on calling them since they are getting swamped by calls. If you want to leave them condolences, just go to their forum.... this is the link to the actual thread:

http://www.heathenmetal.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=3760..3760

Please give a moment of your time to place some condolences there.

Yaz was indeed a really, really funny dude. Albeit, a bit off his rocker, but that's what made him even cooler. Talking to him was probably one of my funniest experiences. And him live on stage was even MORE funny! Such a crazy guy... loved him for it. And need I say anything about his hair... LOL! Damn I'm gonna miss that guy. Please repost this to any other thrash fans you know, I can't get the word to everyone. Thank you.”

I don’t know if anyone is a Heathen fan, if not move on, if so I am sorry. Sad.

ct_thrash said:
not a fan but RIP anyway:zzz:

I am not a fan either, meaning I do not own their albums but their music is OK. I was on ‘myspace’ and one of my friends just posted it in her bulletin. I thought I would pass it on for the people who are fans and who did not know.

I'm anything but a fan, but death always sucks. Especially when it's someone who creates enjoyment for a large amount of people.

I'm a huge fan. Heathen is one of my all time favs!
This is really sad. He was only 42.

R.I.P. Yaz. Thank you for all the great music.