Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nosferatu

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Multiples Of Black

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
Houston is my home as well as the home of Helstar, one of the underground's greatest bands. James Rivera's voice is incredible, still ripping it up, after all of these years. I've been listening to them since 89, but they go back to the early 80's with their debut Burning Star on Combat Records.

Destiny's End released two cds, Breathe deep the Dark and Transistion, both excellent, on Metal Blade. Dan Delucie and Perry Grayson were a very formidable guitar team, especially live. But the most pairing, in my book, was Andre Corbin and Larry Barragan, who were the force behind Helstar's A Distant Thunder and the classic Nosferatu.

So, are there any other fans of Destiny's End and Helstar out there? Let your voices be heard.

both Helstar and Destiny's End are on my fav. bands
Helstar defined the u.s. power metal sound ..
and Destiny's End are one of the few bands that play real power metal today and not smurf stuff ...
you have a KILLER avatar ...
and u expect Helstar fans in here ?
most of the people here listen to stupid flower stuff like rhapsody , in flames and that shit that big companies like nuclear blast promotes ....
few care about authentic real sound

Hell yes! I love both of those bands, as well as the band in your avatar! James Rivera is a metal God unto himself! Most of my CD collection (400+) are in this style of music, the best on Earth in my opinion! Check out PAGAN's MIND, STORMWARRIOR, VANIZE, SILENT FORCE and TOTAL ECLIPSE if you want to hear some of the best stuff going right now in power metal!

Pagan's Mind of course u.s.a power metal and progressive is the best music of all ....wiee
at last a talk for good music here ....
stormwarrior kill- THATS IS EURO POWER METAL WITH BALLS! in the vein of early helloween of "walls of jericho" ...not gay rhapsody and edgay stuff
and total eclipse are very good especially their demo "guardians of metal"

Yeah, STORMWARRIOR are awesome! You are right about the Helloween comparison, but they are more agressive than them in a powerful way. No happy sounding crap! Excellent! DESTINY'S END is also very powerful - great songwriting! And the vocals are GODLY of course...
I was saddened to hear that Dan DeLucie left and I don't know about Perry Grayson? I hope they continue on, but who knows with James going to SEVEN WITCHES.... ?

I know James Rivera personally, and unfortunately, Destiny's End are dead... I have an advance of the new Seven Witches, it isn't bad, but not near as good as either Helstar or DE. They do a cover of Wasted from Def Leppard's 1st album....???

Also in Seven Witches are the drummer from Destiny's End and Joey Vera on bass.

There is always the chance of a new Helstar cd though... I get to see them quite often living in Houston!! Plus when James was touring with Flotsam and Jetsam, I got to go on the bus and hang with them all.. really cool fuckin band!!!

But for now, it looks like Seven Witches is his main gig...

Who heard about John Arch getting a deal with Metal Blade? He's putting out an EP, and guess who's backing him?? Jim Matheos, Joey Vera, and Mike Portnoy!!!! Fucking A awesome!!!!!

I know James Rivera personally, and unfortunately, Destiny's End are dead...
thats real bad news
one of the few male power metal bands of today is gone...R.I.P.
john arch reigns supreme i hope the stuff he will release will be killer!
But i wonder what will be the music..
i adore Fates Warning, but John wouldnt fit in their nowadays music ....
and Jim Matheos will compose prog stuff ...
John is a power metal singer ...
well we'll see

Originally posted by Papa Josh

Who heard about John Arch getting a deal with Metal Blade? He's putting out an EP, and guess who's backing him?? Jim Matheos, Joey Vera, and Mike Portnoy!!!! Fucking A awesome!!!!!

No shit? Where did you get this juicy bit of information? I've often wondered what he was up to after he left FW.

RE Helstar/Destiny's End. Haven't heard Helstar, and I do enjoy Destiny's End. They put on a great show in support of Iced Earth a few years go.

Papa Josh, I read about Mr. Arch the other day! Great news! What a metal voice for sure! I only hope that the new stuff does him justice.

As for DE, yeah, what a shame. Why in hell would they cover Def Leppard?!?! God, I hope that isn't a sign of things to come...

Just a quick line... if you guys like Destiny's End (which I do), maybe you should check out Onward. Another US power metal band in the vein of Destiny's End/Helstar.

Originally posted by eppst1
Just a quick line... if you guys like Destiny's End (which I do), maybe you should check out Onward. Another US power metal band in the vein of Destiny's End/Helstar.

Good call. Onward kick ass. I think Toby Knapp is friends with some of the guys in Destiny's End. They share a fairly similar sound, although Onward's singer doesnt' get on my nerves after four songs as DE's singer does.