4. Idle City
  5. The Fortress Unvanquishable
  6. Sinister Deity
  7. Unsolved World
  8. Under Destruction's Thumb
  9. Clutching At Straws
  10. Where Do We Go?
  11. The Obscure

I should hope that a band with such a quality and (relatively) well known singer such as James Rivera would be at least recognized by this board, but in order to avoid taking chances, my first recommendation is Destiny's End, the band formed after New Eden split up. Before the end of that band, they had enlisted among their ranks one James Rivera of Helstar fame, and when half the band split to form Destiny's End, they took along Rivera. Destiny's End could be best described as a more serious take on 80's American power and speed metal not unlike Helstar, Sanctuary, and other bands of the like, though it is certainly fresh enough to avoid sounding dated. The excellent guitar work of Dan DeLucie and Perry Grayson is also to be noted, as their leads do well to avoid becoming distracting and work to build upon the song, instead of providing and interlude between two segments. The vocals don't really even need to be commented on, as Rivera is flawless as always. The combination of the atmosphere created by the complementary guitar work and the vocal lines accompanied with the lyrics give off a feeling of something imminent, as if destruction is just around the bend, and there is little that can be done to avoid that fate. This seems to have been the band's intent, and it seems as though they have succeeded.

I have this record, haven't listened it in ages (years), but I think it was "ok", nothing too special though. Should check it out though...

haha back in the day my friends and I got a big laugh out of the word "UNVANQUISHABLE", it just sounds so silly in the song.

Anyway, picked up this CD when I saw these guys on tour. They were killer live, better than on the album, so I never listened to it much after that.

Excellent album. This is how power metal is supposed to be, absolutely amazing and steel-ish guitar work, furious riff-ing, powerfull rhythms and vocals that reach the sky. More people must check this, and also their second album "Transition" that is even better than BDTD.