• A Distant Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nosferatu

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Multiples Of Black

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ouch!!

I can't see how anyone likes the Onward guy better than the godly James Rivera. Or as some of us in his hometown call him "Little Mexican Dio."

James has sang for Helstar, Destiny's End, Flotsam and Jetsam (which I saw live, and it was just as good as Flotsam with Eric AK), not to mention the tribute projects he has down here. His Sabbath, Priest, and Maiden tribute shows are legendary here in Texas. And now he's the best thing to ever happen to Seven Witches!

Originally posted by Papa Josh
Ouch!!

I can't see how anyone likes the Onward guy better than the godly James Rivera. Or as some of us in his hometown call him "Little Mexican Dio."

I certainly wasn't trying to be insulting with my statements, I was just stating my personal opinion. Hell, I have talked to people who get annoyed with Dio's voice after four songs, a fact which I find highly offensive! Heh. I will say this, Rivera has a very strong and distinctive voice, and he's an awesome frontman.

Anyway, it's been some time since I pulled out my DE albums. I'll give them another spin today...

James has sang for Helstar, Destiny's End, Flotsam and Jetsam (which I saw live, and it was just as good as Flotsam with Eric AK)

I imagine he would kick ass doing F&J material. I'd love to hear that.

No offense taken, bro!Esoecially from a fellow Dio lover, which just happens to be Rivera's most obvious influence.

Yeah, I wish we had recorded the Flotsam gig... James singing Hammerhead was just fucking AWESOME pure and simple.

Do ya'll have The James Rivera Legacy released under the name Helstar?