Any hope for Soilwork?

Ok, how can anyone compare In Flames, Dark Tranquility and Soilwork. TCM, SBS, APP and NBC blow the load off both of those bands. Soilwork are way too fucking talented to be remotely close to In Flames. DT and Soilwork are to different entities not to be compared. For all you saying that NBC was their best release are mistaken. Listen to the technical differences of SBS and APP and then listen to NBC. The guitar work is amazing in the previous efforts. I hate to say I haven't heard much of TCM but what I have heard was great. NBC was an awesome album but it was nothing compared to the skill the band put forth in the others. FN5 was just a nu metallers hand job and like some one said seemed as if it was forced just so they could put something out. I don't have much hope for this new album but seeing as I thought this band was absolutely amazing when I first picked up SBS I will look into it and see if it's worth anything. To all you that bash the band; you obviously haven't heard much prior to NBC.

I think Soilwork, DT and In Flames get compared, not so much because of their current sound, but moreso because of where they all began, both musically and geographically. In their most current incarnations, I think DT is at the head of the class.

As for Soilwork, with the exception of FNF, they've always put out quality product.

Zod

The tracklist for the new album...looks like Soilwork has found a new band to rip off, maybe not, but it is a discouraging coincidence.

"Stabbing the Drama" final track listing:

01. Stabbing The Drama
02. One With The Flies
03. Weapon Of Vanity
04. The Crestfallen
05. Nerve
06. Stalemate

07. Distance
08. Observation Slave
09. Fate In Motion
10. Blind Eye Halo
11. If Possible

Bonus:
12. Wherever Thorns May Grow (ltd. edition U.S/Europe + bonus for Japan)
13. Killed by Ignition (bonus for Japan only)

And they describe the music as a mix between NBA and FNF with a slight twist. In other words, it'll sounds exactly the same as the last couple of albums.

I find it amusing that you criticise Soilwork, yet provide no reason, except your statement that they purportedly sold out. This is news to me, but you then proceed to glorify In Flames, who have done just that, and DT who have been in a state of regression for years.

Soilwork is, and was always, melodic death metal. The aim of this genre is to play energetic, catchy and heavy music. What, then, do you prefer to Soilwork?

Arghoslent is rubbish, trashy Iron Maiden worship - although they've become atrendy source of rebellion against gothernburg bands. Chasm is tired, 'retro' music that has nothing new to say. Both bands lack the youthful energy of Soilwork, fail to live up to the goals of the genre, and neither are a replacement for the band.

Haha, Black Winter Day is a sleuth. That reminds me of the time I found his "Empyrium > Agalloch" quote. :D

So is Arghoslent worshipping Iron Maiden? So it's like Maiden with death vocals, or it's like new Dismember sorta thing? Or both?

The new Chasm is pretty cool, but along with their other album I've heard, I wouldn't ever throw them in the same category as the gothenburg crowd/clones....

Eh I really dig A.P.P and Chainheart machine. NBC was good but had no lasting value, FNF sucked a big one. My favorite album by soilwork is the 20+min demo cd that came as a bonus with FNF. Es muy bueno!

Hibernal Dream- No offense, but I find your criticism of the Chasm and Arghoslent to be highly idiotical. Rather than defend soilwork, you bash two other talented bands. Big thumbs down to you my friend.

hibernal_dream said:
The aim of this genre is to play energetic, catchy and heavy music.

Arghoslent is rubbish, trashy Iron Maiden worship

I'd have to say that both Arghoslent and The Chasm succeed in playing energetic, catchy and heavy music, more so than Soilwork by quite the distance. Pertaining to trashy Iron Maiden worship, that is essentially what melodic death metal is, so where is the complaint. :loco:

I really enjoy Natural Born Chaos, but don't own anything prior to it. Figure Number Five was decent, but nothing special, a watered down NBC. I like Soilwork a small amount because of NBC, but to say they are better than Arghoslent is a bit whacked out in my book. Like AS said, no problem if you like Soilwork, but comparing them to Arghoslent and The Chasm- :tickled: Probably just trolling anyway.

If he wants to talk about trashy worship, Steelbath Suicide and Chanheart Machine are nothing more than a poor man's Slaughter of the Soul (which isn't even all that and a bag of chips)