Any hope for Soilwork?

I've heard those two on cd-r and chose not to buy either. It was rather meh even though this was back when I liked melo-death much more than I do now. Oh well, the only album I need is NBC and I only listen to it every few months. Soilwork is a band I don't think about unless someone mentions them and that isn't a good sign, but it sums up fairly well the kind of band they are. Good on occasion, but hardly essential.

Chainheart Machine is amazing album and that's the only Soilwork album that I still like to listen sometimes. FNF was just so fucking boring, just like few latest In Flames- albums. Mostly when people talks about technical stuff, they come up with Arch Enemy, but CM is much more technical that any Arch Enemy-release, but I guess there will not be anything like CM coming from Soilwork.

Sweet creeping Jesus, JUMPDAFUKKUP. That wasn't even ATTEMPTING to be some kind of pussy borderline metalcore bullshit–pure fucking mallcore. That "I'm waiting for something to show/I might as well just drag me down so low" singing bit at the end was just PAINFUL. Ugh. Ugh. If the rest of the album is anything like this steaming heap of camel feces, N*Flaymz might just have made the second worst Gothenburg album ever.

I can't believe I paused Dark Avenger for that shit. Erik, if I go to Wacken I'm going to punch you. Back to power metal.

I don't know–after some FUCKING ASSHOLE put in Soundtrack To Your Painful Ass-Fucking (With No Lube) before a Death Angel show I went to, even shitty Depeche Mode-inspired mellowdick "metal" seems inspiring.

But let's be honest, In Flames and Soilwork basically two individual turdlings out of the same colossal dump–for all practical purposes, indistinguishable.

Yeah, but then again I like all In Flames albums before Gayman (HAHAHALOL) to some extent, sue me :)

As I've detailed before though, Soilwork were always shit, they have just morphed from shitty cloning of At the Gates' worst album to shitty mallcore. Oh and I really do think the last two In Flames albums are HORRIBLE, so that kind of tells you what I think about Soilwork, ha

I dig The Jester Race to a degree, but really, almost nothing out of Gothenburg is capable of holding my attention without said attention being in the form of profanity-laced tirades against all things gay and wimpy in metal. Like I said, there's really no hope for either of em anymore. They deserve each other.

Hm yeah, I've only heard like three tracks from the promo, which doesn't have the same mastering as the finished product I hear -- I thought this had great sound. Much rawer, sounds more like a band playing than the overpolished Abyss sound they used to do. Anyway, it's cool. Nothing spectacular, reminds me a bit more of "Once Sent" and "Sorrow..." than the last couple of albums. I don't actually have anything after "Avenger" on physical format, I reckon once you have about two or three Amon Amarth releases you basically have them all, heh.

Soilwork have always sucked, still suck, and always will suck. They're not interesting, they're not emotional, they're only technical. And that doesn't count for anything! Just look at Children of Bodom and Dream Theater.