any metalcore, hardcore fans or is it strictly old-school metal?

Malignant-Blackness

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2004
having browsed the boards i got the impression that this site is for the more old-school crowd, like the kind of metal-heads that wear evil dead t-shirts and leather jackets, long hair etc.
so, how come no one seems to appreciate the new breed of extreme metal that weve been so utterly blessed with in recent years?
bands like blood has been shed, killswitch engage, and as i lay dying. I went through a loonnnggg sabbath stage, but recently found that no longer does it feed my desire for brutal metal.
i seem to turn away from death-metal and the like, based mostly on the fact that it's so deeply related to the gothic scene, and connatations of hate and death.

why am i ignorant? care to enlighten me?
i can't really talk about death-metal cos i don't know enough about it, although i definitly dig the speed-metal elements they've got going.

but i mean what do you guys think of bands like that? i get the impression that old-school metal fans tend to boycott newer stuff.

i think you guys should give these bands a chance cos there's some really amazing shit going on at the moment.

oh and to the bastard that laughed at me, care to explain why?

Welcome to Ultimate Metal..you'll find all varieties of metal in the various forums here, as well as all varieties of metal fans. Hope you'll find a few forums where you'll feel comfortable settling in.

And hey folks..you can agree to disagree, but leave the insults & such out of it.

actually most ppl dont really know what the new breed of metal is. Because of nu age bands on mtv, most ppl dont realize that thrs still a lot of bands rt now who are comin out with good stuff..

Malignant.. check out the "General Music Discussion" forums.. could be to your liking though you will not like alot of people on those forums who post lol .... i know from experience...