any new albums

Peter Day

Oct 14, 2001
Ickleford. Hitchin.UK
Hey everyone,
what new albums have you been buying?
any recommendations??

i've recently got Annihilators new album, awesome (if you are into them).
bought the new Wildhearts album, just because it's them...
also Eddie Spaghetti's solo album, just because it's him... (very much a solo country and rock effort but fun all the same...something different to listen to)
Freedom calls Live Invasion.
a Hellacopters album of past releases, they rock guys and gals, in the old style.
Quireboys, cause they are a fine british rock n roll band and give value for money at there concerts.
Guns n roses colection, just so i can stop playing me records, and also listen to them again (even though i know they will never reform :cry: )
Brides of destruction...er cause i'm sad and listened to advice ..sometimes! ha

anyways, better be off as it is late and i guess i should get some sleep

Ciao peoples
pete

Well Velvet Revolver (Slash,Duff,Sorum and ex STP singer) and The Datsuns new albums out tomorrow! So I shall be buying those if not tomorrow then very soon! Any Datsuns fans kicking about amongst the 54 lot?

CHaRLoTTe said:
Soil - redefine is sooooooo very good

and Drownin' Pool's, new one, the name escapes me!!

tis all good tho!!!
Ooo im thinking of getting the new Drowning Pool one. :hotjump:

Whats there new sound like?

The new Soil one is the same as their old one, perhaps a lil bit better!!

New Drownin Pool is v.v good, better to listen to and not so reptitive.

I've just downloaded the new Megadeth album off Direct Connect - okay I know I shouldn't but what difference does it make when I will be buying the original on release? :)

A bit of a let down to be honest! A good track "Back In The Day" which sounds worthy of Cryptic Writings or Youthanasia..but apart from that.. However it is a lot better than the last release from Deth "The World Needs A Hero". Dave Ellefson ain't on it, 'nor is Friedman but there have been strong rumours of Friedman teaming up with Mustaine again so..fingers crossed!!

Can't wait for them to tour!! \m/ The album comes out on September 20th for those of you interested! Having said all of that I've only listened to it 5/6 times maybe I haven't given it a chance...

Slasher said:
Well Velvet Revolver (Slash,Duff,Sorum and ex STP singer) and The Datsuns new albums out tomorrow! So I shall be buying those if not tomorrow then very soon! Any Datsuns fans kicking about amongst the 54 lot?

slasher how good where the datsuns at leeds last year :headbang:
shame i couldnt sing along coz i had no voice left of metallica the previous night lol :Smokedev:

I am going to get Hearse's album its arch enemy's old singer and personally i still prefer him to angela gossow but anyway he has never sounded so good in his life than he has with this new band there is a preview of turncoat on the july issue of terrorizer and it kicks ass there is like 7 guitar solo's or summit mad like that.

i just recently got kill 2 this's latest album aswell as desecrations pathway to deviance both very good albums.

That Hearse song is amazing! Let me know if the whole album's as good as that.
I personally preferred John in Arch Enemy until I saw them live. Angela slays live, seriously, her voice is about 20 times better live than on cd.

fook me there is life in here after all, yeah av seen arch enemy live but personally i still prefer john i dont know what is but ahh well every 1 to there own i suppose but angela is a lot better to look at i do have to give her that hehe

You can do a lot worse than getting hold of Cathedral's best of Serpent's Gold. Two CDs filled with the best psyci-doom-metal the UK has to offer.

Other recent purchases:
Ministry - Houses Of The Mole - preferred Animositisomina myself, but it's a decent enough record reminiscent of Psalm 69
Lacuna Coil - Comalies 2cd edition - didn't get this record first time around, but did when it had an odds 'n' sods bonus cd, solid but not essential

SANDMAN10 said:
fook me there is life in here after all, yeah av seen arch enemy live but personally i still prefer john i dont know what is but ahh well every 1 to there own i suppose but angela is a lot better to look at i do have to give her that hehe

When/where did you see them? I missed them on their recent UK tour as it sold out, which sucked quite a lot. I saw them at Download tough and they blew me away.

Everyone should pick up Circle Takes The Square - As The Roots Undo. It's an absolute masterpiece.

what ive been listeng to

annihilator - All for you ,A great annihlator album not as good as never neverland
has quite a few tracks that need a few listens to get into but a good solid album none the less

Iron Saviour - Battering ram ,Power metal with a dose of power metal and a large slice of extra power metal great stuff :)

been listening to a fair bit of non metal recently aswell (gasp)

Tommy Stinson - Village gorrila head debut solo album from ex replacements bass player and current guns and roses bass player great album sort of alt rockish (soul asylum,husker du,tom petty) has some really top tracks on the cd

www.tommystinson.com

Marah - 2000 streets under the sky ,Quality Band i love this band so much been istening to them for a few years now

www.marah-usa.com