New Albums + Bloodstock

Peter Day

Oct 14, 2001
Ickleford. Hitchin.UK
Hi all, How is everyone doing?
So what new albums have you been listening to.
Mine include the new Annhilator album 'all for you'...good stuff from Mr waters again..hopefully we will get chance to see him here in the Uk live. Er possible support for the mighty Saxon! now that would make my year.
Motorhead and another slice of typical but good metal from the God of the bass.
Velvet revolver..something new and much needed in the US rock/metal scene..good songs.
Quireboys...good time / fun band that just keep plodding on with some good party tunes.
Freedom call...Live Invasion..yes this really does show the band off as a true power/ metal band...good.
Wildhearts...a collection of B sides and other songs but really good fun to listen to and a great drinking companion if you need a lift after a shit day at work.
Blaze's Blood and Belief....a different sound but a great little album and coming away from the Iron maiden influence there....good songs.
Ricky Warwick's solo effort..this is cool if you want a lazy day or evening listening to something more mellow, but with a song about life attached, some nice songs that show Mr Warwick has still got what it takes...shame he doesn't keep the Almighty going ( i think Nomad would agree here, the last two albums were storming!)
Eddie Spaggheti...he of Supersuckers fame! bit of a fun Cd but enjoyable..only buy if you have a sense of fun, like to have a drink and a sing along.
I'm sure i've bought a lot more but they are the most recent ones and i have to say it has been fun listening to them all.

so what is in your last few additions to the cd collection?

Bloodstock who is going?
I can't wait for the Friday night (thats the most interesting from my view but also Saturday has some great bands on) looking forward to seeing Illuminatus, Gamma Ray..Primal Fear :worship: of course and a few others.

anyhow, off to sleep now
stay rockin' all and catch up with you soon.
pete

Bloodstock who is going?
I can't wait for the Friday night (thats the most interesting from my view but also Saturday has some great bands on) looking forward to seeing Illuminatus, Gamma Ray..Primal Fear :worship: of course and a few others.

Old Man! Primal Fear are playing the saturday! Saturday is far better than friday! Balance of power, Primal Fear and Sonata Arctica! enough said!

Support for Saxon should be Brainstorm!

Albums I've bought Lately!

Anthrax - Music of Mass Destruction DVD
Slayer - Live at the Warfield DVD
Brainstorm - Soul Tempation cd
Alice Cooper - The eyes of Alice cd!

That'll do for Now!

London Boy said:
Bloodstock who is going?

Old Man! Primal Fear are playing the saturday! Saturday is far better than friday! Balance of power, Primal Fear and Sonata Arctica! enough said!

Support for Saxon should be Brainstorm!

Albums I've bought Lately!

Anthrax - Music of Mass Destruction DVD
Slayer - Live at the Warfield DVD
Brainstorm - Soul Tempation cd
Alice Cooper - The eyes of Alice cd!

That'll do for Now!

New stuff for me recently:

Blaze - Blood & Belief
Rush - Feedback

Blaze are a brilliant outfit. their material takes awhile to grown on you (like Bailey's excellent voice!) but, eventually, the somgs are flowing hrough your brain all day!

The Rush project is something I thought I would not live to see! Rush doing an album of covers!!!
A few really nice tracks provide evidence of where the Canadian's got their influence from. 'Summertime Blues', 'The Seeker' and 'Crossroads' are excellent!
I still can't get used to Geddy Lee singing the blues, though!