Bloodstock 2003

Peter Day

Oct 14, 2001
Ickleford. Hitchin.UK
So who is going to this years Bloodstock?
The line up is looking good so far and with the news today that Hammerfall are playing the Saturday is superb..
hope some of you are coming along, two nights of manic heavy metal for £35 quid now that isn't bad.
C U there all.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Peter, I've never been before:cry: because it is a nightmare to get to by train from here. We could get to Timbuktu quicker:lol: But with the bands you've mentioned so far it looks loke a cert for us this year. Plus a meet for a couple of serious sessions mate:D

Hey Black Lagoon, how are things?
In Flames were booked to appear but it looks as if they have priced themselves out of the show..asking to much to come over!
As for the Saxon boys the question is in the air, let us hope so anyhow.
I'm not sure if you could fly down to somewhere near Derby Conquistador? perhaps east midlands airport then train it down? that sounds about the best info i can give at the moment...but if you do make it then yes there is plenty of pubs to arrange a meet up in, the best for Derby seems to be the White House, a bit of a Rock Pub for sure and very easy to find, and it stays open late like till 2pm which is cool.
all i need to do now is somehow get hold of the new Hammerfall album, looks like a trip to london cd shopping then.:D

Nightwish? Who the fuck are they?

"Operatics and power metal". I bet they got keyboards which have no place in heavy metal

'01 was greta cos Saxon headlined

Last year I was really pumped up by Return to the Sabbatt to be met with euro crap of Blind Guardian as "headliners2 who actually played an acoustic number ( oh dear)

To get any success this year really should have Motorhead orIrom Maiden as headliners, and cut the eurocrap out.

Originally posted by Gregger
Nightwish? Who the fuck are they?

"Operatics and power metal". I bet they got keyboards which have no place in heavy metal

'01 was greta cos Saxon headlined

Last year I was really pumped up by Return to the Sabbatt to be met with euro crap of Blind Guardian as "headliners2 who actually played an acoustic number ( oh dear)

To get any success this year really should have Motorhead orIrom Maiden as headliners, and cut the eurocrap out.

I must admit Greggor I do agree with you to a point. But the Eurocrap you are on about is really pulling in the crowds. At last years event there was twice as many people as the year our beloved Saxon headlined.
If Maiden were approached the budget would be blown on one band and Motorhead have been approached in the past but said the event was to small for them or something!
I was very much of the same opinion as you regarding Eurocheese bands, but believe me there is some damn good stuff out there. My eyes and ears have been opened to a lot of good stuff recently, which in the past I would have just not even bothered with.

I was very much of the same opinion as you regarding Eurocheese bands, but believe me there is some damn good stuff out there. My eyes and ears have been opened to a lot of good stuff recently, which in the past I would have just not even bothered with.

:lol: :lol: Lagoon....after all you've said to me about cheese!! This is indeed gratifying!! :D

If i go I will pick you up CONQUISTADOR it would be no problem I live just down the road.As for payment you live in Scotland to get a pint off a Scott would indeed be payment althoug no one would beleive me.:lol: I hear you Scotts wake up in the middle of the night to see if you have lost any sleep.:lol: :lol: :lol: