Any new, cool amp simulation?

Amp Sims are getting really close to the real thing. Its just a thing of time. Its not to load a plugin and say... oh... it sounds not real. You must make it sound good as you do with the real thing. The new Acmebargig sounds amazing, Kuassa Cream and Jamvox III are really great as well as some of the free Ones from Lepou, Onqel and Ignite.

What do you mean? EVERYONE uses amp sims these days for something.

yeah, for fun, demo'ing stuff or being too lazy to get up to tweak the amp

but on a "real" album (not produced in a bedroom and released on Bandcamp) not uses them*.
When you want things not to sound to digital, you've gotta get some tubes in there...
maybe the next thing is a tube amp modeler... who knows...

* Messhugga have done many other stupid things as well...

but on a "real" album (not produced in a bedroom and released on Bandcamp) not uses them*.
When you want things not to sound to digital, you've gotta get some tubes in there...
maybe the next thing is a tube amp modeler... who knows...

The Faceless, Animals as Leaders, Scale the Summit, Cynic, Periphery, etc. use amp sims almost exclusively. You just need to put some time in it to get it sounding real.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muxFiakVI_U&list=UUQ-s4wVPNRZUzgAl87Fcq6w&index=3&feature=plcp[/ame]

Does anyone want to trade impulse combinations? I read on this forum someone who likes mixing in 27a with 1a which I found to be a really nice bright combination. I'm also using 21a and 1a for a more harsh grainy sound. The only reason I ask is because it can be a very time consuming process and if any one stumbles on a good combo I'd at least be interested to hear about it and try it out.

C'mon let's face it. Modeling has come a long way from Line6 quality. It's even a lot further than Line6 HD modeling.

It's reaching a level where it's better than (dare I say it) real amps. Axe-Fx, Amplitube, Overloud etc. can all sound like real amps to where not even the well trained ear will notice them as modelers.

C'mon let's face it. Modeling has come a long way from Line6 quality. It's even a lot further than Line6 HD modeling.

It's reaching a level where it's better than (dare I say it) real amps. Axe-Fx, Amplitube, Overloud etc. can all sound like real amps to where not even the well trained ear will notice them as modelers.

I see how you can say that, they are very identical, at times difficult to distinguish between the both of them, but there are times when I feel that amp sims just aren't emulating the low mids properly. But nonetheless amp sims are passable especially now a days.

Does anyone want to trade impulse combinations? I read on this forum someone who likes mixing in 27a with 1a which I found to be a really nice bright combination. I'm also using 21a and 1a for a more harsh grainy sound. The only reason I ask is because it can be a very time consuming process and if any one stumbles on a good combo I'd at least be interested to hear about it and try it out.

Go get the Redwirez MIXIR plug. We also have Cab solutions that allow you to make an ir oif your current selected settings. Its should be quite easy to do.
(One of our cab plugs will also be a free option that does this, unfortunately I don't know how long before we release that though. We just got through head case so I need a breather.. haha)

Anyways, Hope that helps..

you can get them sound very close if you mix it properly :)
all the people around me are using ampsims now a days
as well as me.. its tough though bringing out the life on it..

I mixed/mastered a record in my bedroom which was released by Candlelight this summer and most of the guitars were reamped with free plugins and IRs.

Sometimes virtual amps can really save the day or add something the original takes are missing imo.

I mixed/mastered a record in my bedroom which was released by Candlelight this summer and most of the guitars were reamped with free plugins and IRs.

Sometimes virtual amps can really save the day or add something the original takes are missing imo.
:cool::headbang:
I think it depends on mixing experiences