Any news from that VH1 "You Rock" audition?

SuperKirk

Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Hey Jojo, Sarah, and Steph... did you hear anything back from that VH1 audition? I haven't, but I figured they'd go for one of you talented ladies over a big doofus like me. :D

SuperKirk said:
Hey Jojo, Sarah, and Steph... did you hear anything back from that VH1 audition? I haven't, but I figured they'd go for one of you talented ladies over a big doofus like me. :D
I just went for mine last Thursday so they were still doing auditions. They had some delays in scheduling so they postponed the last bunch of auditionees from when you went in until just last week. They should be sorting it all out any time now. I think you stand a fine chance SuperKirk! Good luck to ya!! :hotjump:

Ooohh... so they are auditioning drummers too, eh? I had heard they were just doing guitar and bass. Right on. Hey screw Maiden, they should just let all of you get up there and jam.

SuperKirk said:
Ooohh... so they are auditioning drummers too, eh? I had heard they were just doing guitar and bass. Right on. Hey screw Maiden, they should just let all of you get up there and jam.
They were originally just doing guitar and vocals to begin with until our management convinced them to see bass players as well :worship: ....then they said they'd see drummers too, sinse they weren't sure what the Boys wanted to do, they thought they'd cover all bases. Smylex, why weren't you there?...or were you?

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Smylex, why weren't you there?...or were you?
Why wasn't I where? :confused:

Originally, I had thought this was for members of tribute bands or some such thing. Now that I've read the webpage from VH1, I can't really picture wanting to jam with any of the bands listed.

I mean, Motley Crue? Are they kidding? I would humiliate Nikki Sixx on camera about his bass playing and then bring up the time that Henry Rollins and Greg Ginn of Black Flag chased Vince and Tommy down Sunset Boulevard when they walked in on a Black Flag soundcheck. Believe me, they would NOT pick me for that show! :D Even if they filmed me for it, their Program Director wouldn't let my appearance be shown because of the humiliation that I would dish out on camera to the bands (unless they have a truly warped sense of humor). The only reason that Motley Crue is doing this is so they can vainly put their name in the public spotlight without having to do real work (like put out an album). Think about this: Tommy Lee is Motley Crue's most famous member and it's not for his drumming. It's because he's 1) been thrown in jail for beating paparrazi, 2) kids drowning in his swimming pool, or 3) simply because he was the former Mr. Pamela Anderson (is there anyone else here besides me that hasn't seen that video?). Metallica would only be doing this to try to raise 1) their sales of Taint Cancer (never before have I seen an album do an impersonation of David Caruso's career), as well as 2) their profile to try to prove that they're a fans band after the Napster debacle, especially since they're now doing a tour with Godsmack opening.

Also, most of the bands or artists that I would be interested in jamming with either 1) aren't on tour, 2) are recording new material, 3) don't get played by VH1 in the first place or 4) nobody's even heard of them! I very highly doubt that VH1 would be interested in You Rock With...Einstürzende Neubauten, You Rock With...Diamanda Galas or You Rock With...Björk. Trust me, it ain't happening. :D

You Rock With...Some Boring, Aging, Has Been Rockers Who Aren't Doing Anything Else and Are Desperate for the Promotion!

Give me a fuckin' break! :loco: Maybe I'm just too cynical and jaded about everything lately, but it just sounds stupid to me (like the rest of television). The fact that I have been listening to Frank Zappa all week again may or may not have something to do with it.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
They were originally just doing guitar and vocals to begin with until our management convinced them to see bass players as well :worship: ....then they said they'd see drummers too, sinse they weren't sure what the Boys wanted to do, they thought they'd cover all bases. Smylex, why weren't you there?...or were you?
They were never looking for vocalists for the Maiden gig. Just guitarists....then Mark got it expanded to bassists and drummers....and a TON of people have auditioned who are not in tribute bands so it should be interesteing...that is if they actually go ahead and do the episode.

smylex said:
You Rock With...Some Boring, Aging, Has Been Rockers Who Aren't Doing Anything Else and Are Desperate for the Promotion!
Having now gotten some rest, I've come to this conclusion:

Jesus, have I become that cynical? :err:

Then, I thought:

I'm not cynical enough! :D The title should be You Rock With...Some Boring, Aging, Has-Been Rockers Who Aren't Doing Anything Else and Are Desperate for the Promotion Since Their Career No Longer Amounts to Anything and They Haven't Written Anything Valid in Over a Decade!

Bruce Chickinson said:
They were never looking for vocalists for the Maiden gig. Just guitarists....then Mark got it expanded to bassists and drummers....and a TON of people have auditioned who are not in tribute bands so it should be interesteing...that is if they actually go ahead and do the episode.
When I was done with my audition the lady told me they were seeing everyone for this one, but I don't know if any singers came in. I think Armando was scheduled in. But yes, Mark did get them to see bass players as well. He had nothing to do with the drummer part. :headbang: They only have a few weeks to make it happen. Hmmm. Blah blah blah. I need some sleep. :erk: