Any news on the next live DVD?

Goober

Noob
Dec 20, 2004
A month or so ago i heard some news about a very likely DVD with more songs than just bwp and up. Does anyone know if the show they filmed the DVD for was a greenlight or not?

the only thing i know is that there was some guy who recorded several small clips of the roundhouse concert, and they showed the cover(i think) for the DVD. Its lost somewhere on youtube and i cant find it anymore

i thought they were doing it seperate from RR because thats why they arent going to put any of the songs off ghost reveries on the dvd.

I didn't think they could do a DVD as Opeth seperate from RR. They're currently signed with them so anything they release is at the behest of Roadrunner. Even if they did no GR songs, Roadrunner still 'owns' Opeth. Well, that's my belief; feel free to correct me Mike :)

Even though asking for a comment seems to be the best way not to get one. When was the Sheppard's Bush Empire concert that was filmed for Lamentations? How long did it take for the DVD to get released after the actual recording?

When was the Sheppard's Bush Empire concert that was filmed for Lamentations? How long did it take for the DVD to get released after the actual recording?

Opeth - Shepherds Bush Empire, 25th September 2003

Lamentations DVD release date - 24th February 2004

i.e. 5 month gap

The London setlist was:

When
Ghost of Perdition
Under the Weeping moon
Bleak
Face of Melinda
The Night and the Silent Water
Windowpane
Blackwater park
Demon of the Fall (Encore)

didnt RR get bought by Warner...??....alot of times..mergers like these make things alot mroe complicated for the non-HIGH priority bands....not sayin Opeth is not high priority...but Im sure....Slipshit and nickelcock are more important to Warner right now....so maybe....hopefully Opeth wont be dropped or anything...but I fear things wil be takin a lil longer now......!!!!.....PEAC EOUT

Then why do they play GoP at the concert? makes no sense if only Mike would be so kind as to explkain this.

It won't be on the DVD, it was for the fans who were at the concert. Unless RR want to release it separately I doubt you'll ever see it.

As explained to me back in november by Mikael and Peter; This DVD is produced by Opeth and their management themselves, hence they can play all the older tracks that they couldn't include on "Lamentations" due to contract restrictions. The DVD will probably consist of the concert from London, interviews, photo galleries and perhaps some material filmed by the member themselves from the latest tours (since they brought their own DV-camcorder along).

We'll see.