Upcomming live DVD - "Roundhouse"

i really wanted to see them preform some lemantations stuff... To see how they've improved

You would be rather disappointed. The mellow stuff would be fine, but I'm almost positive you'd rather her Lopez versions of the heavy songs on lamentations.

I personally love this set. Just wish it was a bit longer.

Whoa. Ok man - find me a post where Mike or Opeth.com says RR might not be releasing the DVD.

oh wait. there isn't one.

I asked you where someone said it, and you have yet to tell me. Don't be a dickhead.

I gave you a link to a thread ... not my fault you are too lazy to read it. in that thread several people are saying it and discussing it. what's your problem then?

hey, i was talking to Peter at the gig in portsmouth tonight (i'm also going on thursday) and he said they will only playing songs from before the latest 4 albums, except for one unreleased song. because they are producing the DVD independantly they aren't using the roadrunner owned songs.

The band is releasing the DVD themselves. Therefore, no RoadRunner-material. "Ghost of Perdition" will probably not be on the DVD, even though it's possible that RR will use it further on. They deliberately avoided songs that already are on Lamentations (with the exception of "Windowpane").

where is everyone getting this info anyway? that today's show was also filmed, that they're releasing this DVD independently, etc.

In my case? From the band.

after watching Lamentations 371289 times.. im reaaaaally looking forward to watch the new one! anyone on the board that were on the show? why dont you give us a quick review? :)

anyways! GREAT setlist! here's my opinion:

When ( great! i hope they include the beautiful intro to the song.. they always skip it in the live versions i've heard :erk: )
Ghost of Perdition ( YES!! )
Under The Weeping Moon ( som Orchid stuff live.. need i say more? )
Bleak ( veeery cool.. one of my favorite songs. Dont know if it works as good live though? does it? :) )
Face of Melinda ( just awesome! )
Night and the Silent Water ( what a suprise!! didn't know they even played this one live except for the "evening with" shows they had.. very cool! )
Windowpane ( well, it's already on the Lamentations DVD.. To Bid You Farewell or another mellow song would be more appreciated from my point of view )
Blackwater Park ( Oh my god!! yes, yes, yes!! )

Encore
Demon of the Fall ( awesome ending :headbang: )

could definitely need some more songs.. but hey? A new Opeth DVD..!? :)
does anybody know if there will be a documentary on the DVD as well?

thats my opinion on the setlist.. let me see yours!

after watching Lamentations 371289 times.. im reaaaaally looking forward to watch the new one! anyone on the board that were on the show? why dont you give us a quick review? :)

anyways! GREAT setlist! here's my opinion:

When ( great! i hope they include the beautiful intro to the song.. they always skip it in the live versions i've heard :erk: )

To be honest they fucked up quite a few times so I'm suprised they are releasing it. Not to say that it wasn't a good night, as it was, but I am suprised. As for When, I think they just launched into the song proper.

The highlight was probably Under the Weeping Moon, with that lovely backdrop.

and I cried, I knew she had lied !!! That part gives me goosebumps. I cant wait to see When live. Great set