Any news onthe new CD?

Nah, they wrote here not so long ago that they got 5 songs finishes and now they will spent every free hour they got work with the album. They promised to post news soon as they got some. I think it's good that it takes quite long, atleast we will know they have done all they can for the album and most likely it will kick ass more than ever :)

You're right. If they're taking this long you know this won't be any slipshod job! I'm just wondering since they did the last 3 albums in consecutive years, and this one is 3 apart. Oh well, I hope the new songs blow me away!

they haven't mention anything of their album since may someshit. Swampsong was good but when you read the lyrics, it doesn't make sense whatsoever, great material but horrible lyrics......so I hope that they mature a lot and improve on songwriting.

Oh and guys, november 11. Kalmah live! It'll be one hell of a birthday for me! Hopefully we get to listen to some of the new songs.

Verano said:
they haven't mention anything of their album since may someshit. Swampsong was good but when you read the lyrics, it doesn't make sense whatsoever, great material but horrible lyrics......so I hope that they mature a lot and improve on songwriting.

Given that English is not Pekka's native tounge, I believe he does an amazing job on his lyrics. You can't expect the translation from Finnish to another language to be exact. The points he tries to convey in his lyrics get across perfectly, they make sense if you pay attention to what he's saying. Kalmah have written some of the greatest songs in the genre, hell, the greatest songs ever in my book. They truly know how to create something solid and brilliant. Keep it up Kalmah! :worship:

I can't wait to see what Kalmah has in store for us next!

well the lyrics sound corny to me...well yeah...I don't really expect them be fluent english writers.....

I don't know about having the greatest songs....the one's I like is Evil In You, Principle Hero, and The Third, The Magical really stand out cuz the music and lyrics flow evenly....I give them the best of luck on their recordings

Revenant said:
Given that English is not Pekka's native tounge, I believe he does an amazing job on his lyrics. You can't expect the translation from Finnish to another language to be exact. The points he tries to convey in his lyrics get across perfectly, they make sense if you pay attention to what he's saying. Kalmah have written some of the greatest songs in the genre, hell, the greatest songs ever in my book. They truly know how to create something solid and brilliant. Keep it up Kalmah! :worship:

I can't wait to see what Kalmah has in store for us next!
Agrees :worship:

I for one am really glad that the guys are taking their time. Children Of Bodom rushed Are You Dead Yet and it turned out to be less than listenable for me, so fingers crossed this'll go the opposite way.

Ecliptica Paradox said:
I for one am really glad that the guys are taking their time. Children Of Bodom rushed Are You Dead Yet and it turned out to be less than listenable for me, so fingers crossed this'll go the opposite way.

i bought it and i thought it was pretty good. Badass guitar solos

Vital Remains said:
i bought it and i thought it was pretty good. Badass guitar solos

To me, Alexi's solos are a dime a dozen. It used to be greatly inspiring to listen to him play but now it sounds like every other song is the same. I've lost a lot of respect and love for Bodom with their last album. Not saying they sold-out, and not trying to turn the Kalmah forum into a COB bashing place, but I simply did not like their last effort. This is only my opinion and some may agree/disagree. If we are to talk of Bodom here, let's try to keep it confined to a simple discussion and not an out-of-hand one.

The Bringer said:
It'll be awesome. I sure hope they announce some shows AFTER December 12. I'll be in Finland then :D
Lucky you. :)

Track listing of new album, for those lazy people who can't be bothered checking the website out.

Bitter Metallic Side
Defeat
The Groan of Wind
One from the Stands
The Black Waltz
With Terminal Intensity
To the Gallows
Time Takes Us All
Mindrust
Man of the King

:D