Any North Carolinians gonna be....

rainmaker_2413

Shadow I am
Sep 23, 2006
at the Into Eternity and Destruction show? I was wondering if anyone could give me some details on the Milestone and how it is as this will be my first trip there. Thanks in advance for any replies.

i dont think i will be at the show but...the Milestone is a small dive of a club but does have its charm and is one of my favs in the area. there's not much to it, it's located in the ghetto with a fenced in parking area and is in an old house.....small stage that is very low to the ground and the staff is usaully pretty rad and drinks are cheap. All the graffitti you'll see on the walls is done by the bands themselves as the place has been around since, i believe, 1969 and everybody and there cousin has played there from black flag, the germs and nirvana to REM, the Bangles and Bo Diddley......here's a link if you wanna check out the site and some photos

The poster above pretty much nailed the vibe of the club. The graffiti is pretty cool. While I was there I took notice of Napalm Death, Acid Bath, and Motorhead's wall art as well.

Mosquito and I saw Lord Weird Slough Feg there and it was a cool enough venue, but it is quite small and in a shit part of town.

Sadly, I do not believe I can make it to this show or this tour. The other show that is close to SC is in Atlanta. That would have been well justified if Sadus were still on the bill; but I've seen Destruction and Into Eternity both twice (on two separate tours). I will be seeing John Mayer in Columbia, SC, with my girlfriend. I got us tickets for her Christmas present. That is probably the more important venture.

The poster above pretty much nailed the vibe of the club. The graffiti is pretty cool. While I was there I took notice of Napalm Death, Acid Bath, and Motorhead's wall art as well.

Mosquito and I saw Lord Weird Slough Feg there and it was a cool enough venue, but it is quite small and in a shit part of town.

Sadly, I do not believe I can make it to this show or this tour. The other show that is close to SC is in Atlanta. That would have been well justified if Sadus were still on the bill; but I've seen Destruction and Into Eternity both twice (on two separate tours). I will be seeing John Mayer in Columbia, SC, with my girlfriend. I got us tickets for her Christmas present. That is probably the more important venture.

I understand completely, I personally love Into Eternity but am not that big on Destruction. I also have a female friend...She is wanting to go with me...do you think the place is ok enough if I were to take her with me? She's not a girlfriend or anything, just simply a friend. I understand that if it were a dangerous place or something, surely they wouldn't have shows there, I'm just looking for someone else's opinion on this. Thanks.

the club is no dangerous than any other. The neighborhood is shadey...not the club, i've never seen any trouble there. As long as she can handle a metal show it should be fine.

Thanks for the reply. She's pretty good about going to shows, she actually saw the Opeth/Nevermore/Into Eternity tour with me awhile back. Oh and another question....I noticed that on the venues site it says nothing about Municipal Waste playing but I was pretty sure that they were on that tour...anybody got any clue about that?