Any one here using vocal rider? Please help

pikachu69

mixomatic 2000
Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
Hey,

I have been thinking about giving vocal rider a go as it looks like it could be a real time save when it comes to editing/mixing less experienced vocalists.
My concern is that I run Cubase SX3, (a fully legit version I might add. The original dongle I got with SX 1 is still going strong after 2 trips in the washing machine lol) and because this plugin relies on side chaining to work and with the unusual way side chaining has to be adapted in SX 3 I was wondering if I could even use this plug in at all? I hope this makes sense. I know how to set up side chaining for things like kick vs bass but this seems like it won't work this way because of the different routing. Have I finally found a reason to up date my Cubase?

Cheers.

Cool thanks for the heads up, I am downloading it as I type this. It looks like its freeware? Ah yes it is. I will try it today and post back a reply.

Cheers.

I was really impressed with Vocal Rider but I haven't purchased it yet. I haven't used the side-chain features on it but the plug definitely opens up a lot of mixing possibilities.

I tried it in Pro Tools 8 so I can't say how it integrates into Cubase.