Any other good places for Raw/DI tracks for mixing practice?

jackbraglia

Jul 27, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
www.vitalmastering.com
So UMF is by far the best source of Raw or DI tracks for mixing practice that I have come across so far. Do you guys know of any good places to find raw tracks for non-metal genres?

I know this might not be the best place for this thread, but this is where all the DI tracks usually are so....

There is also a site which a writer for Sound on Sound runs called Cambridge Music technology, it's so easy to find and I'm sure everyone must know about it by now, just google raw multitracks and it is there. Either that or google cambridge MT.

There is a few metal tracks there but the selection is quite varied with some really good non metal stuff on there to have a go at, and many styles of music too. There are 100 songs on there to go at so it should keep you busy once you've grabbed everything off here, just like I'm doing right now! LOL Personal Faves off there have been songs by 'The Mountaineering Club' and 'Georgia Wonder', but they are most certainly not metal!!

Shaking through is a really good site and the cambridge MT sites has links to alot of their stuff. it's a good idea to register with Shaking Through because they keep you up to date with any new tracks that are put up there. It's quality recorded stuff and well worth investigating, however, I don't think there is any song on there with an ESP downtuned to Z running through a Triple Rectifier if you know what I mean so be perpared for... non metal!! it seems to be mostly mellow Alt rock and indi type stuff.