Any plans for a Nightingale UK gig?

Hope Leaves

Bored
Jul 3, 2003
Hey, I was just sitting here and I suddenly thought how great it would be if you guys came to UK for a gig or too, and I'm just curious if there are there any plans for something like that to happen at the moment?

Hi

Of course we'd like to play in the UK. But I think we have sold like 4 albums there total, so I don't exactly have the promotors chasing me down the street...maybe you know of a festival that'd have us for the travelexpenses??

D

Yeah, that's a point. I tried to find some of your cds a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't find them anywhere at all... In the end I ordered them from Black Mark but yes, I see what you mean about not selling over here...

About the festivals, sorry, I don't know much about that, theres always the big ones like Glastonbury and Reading and such, but I don't know what their policies for travelling and stuff are.

Thanks for replying anyway :)

Hope Leaves said:
Yeah, that's a point. I tried to find some of your cds a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't find them anywhere at all... In the end I ordered them from Black Mark but yes, I see what you mean about not selling over here...

About the festivals, sorry, I don't know much about that, theres always the big ones like Glastonbury and Reading and such, but I don't know what their policies for travelling and stuff are.

Thanks for replying anyway :)

Distribution of Black Mark CDs in the UK is terrible, unless of course you want to buy Bathory CDs... then you just have to go to a huge store in a city and then maybe have to order in.

I know that they are available mail order here, but it is not easy to get them. I have all the Nightingale ones, but they came from all over (two from England, one from Black Mark and the last one was easier to import from The States). Most of my Edge of Sanity stuff I bought whilst in Europe.

I know that there are people that want the albums over here, I have actually imported some for other people that have heard things that I play when I DJ because they cannot find them easily. It is a shame that it looks as though there is not the demand when the distributors seem to be to blame.

There are a lot of small festivals in this country too. I am due to see a friend of mine that works at The Agency next week at the double Opeth gig, so I shall ask him some advice. I went to the first Beautiful Days Festival this year and I know that there are many other small ones (I think Opeth did one in Exeter last year, but I was working away in Liverpool at the time).