any raw songs i can practice with?

PostMortem1666

Ocean Planet is on burn
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma, US
hey does anyone have any raw multi track samples of songs that i can mix and master? ive searched for a while and i cant find any with links that work. ive been wanting to mix something because i havent in a while and i finally have time to do it.

lol go on that sire were u download it from and have a look at the files.. you'll se the differance i made. lol i tryed cutting out alot of the fizz, and it wasnt like i cud double track them... as... i didnt record it..

yeah. id love to get ahold of some huge band's multitrack files and actually mix some professional music ya know? but until i get out of my recording class i wont be able to. :mad: .

lol go on that sire were u download it from and have a look at the files.. you'll se the differance i made. lol i tryed cutting out alot of the fizz, and it wasnt like i cud double track them... as... i didnt record it..

Sure dude, I'm familiar with the track. Didn't mean to insult you or anything, those were just my objective suggestions and opinions :)

Hi all!

I'm new here and thought I'd make my first post right here, nice to meet you! Amazing stuff you all have going on here on this forum!!!

As to the old mix-contest "Children" song, I listened to several of the contest contributions. All nicely done, very clear mixes.

One confusing thing about the raw material was the extremely low rec-levels on guitars and bass?? And, at some point there is also some funny phasing-effect going on in the guits. I think the drum tracking wasn't bad at all, though.

Anyway, I made a quick-mix/master of it too, wanted to see if I could do something for those guitars and the bass but dunno if I just destroyed it.. I also thought this would call for a more rock- and less "metal-sharp" sound (oops, shouldn't have said that here perhaps :Smug:). Cymbals and bass are perhaps too much upfront.

PMC 13 Hoeglund Mix

Cheers,
Hoeglund