RAW Multitracks for mixing practice

fox3763

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2011
Hey guys, I have recently been trying to find some RAW multitracks for mixing practice after I heard what Joey did with the Vanisher song. From reading it seemed like they just sent him DI's and either midi drums or trigger hits for replacement.

I found an indie recording studio posting RAW multi-tracks on gearslutz for people to mix themselves and post for feedback. - you can find them here http://www.shakingthrough.com/stems

Even though this music isnt what I typically listen to, I really enjoyed mixing them because I couldnt see the session and what plugins they used for post, and I could decide myself the way I wanted to mix it without being influenced by anyone else.

So what I am thinking:

If anyone has personal projects or any project they may have permission to release RAW files - post them here. ( Keep them in Sturgis type Genre of music)

When people get the files, they can mix it and post there mix here.

I have seen some bands start doing this, putting up there raw files and emailing them your mix, and that is how they decide who they choose do the whole mix - they usually only post like half the song -

Something like this could open up opportunities for some of you guys on this forum

What do you guys think?

Thats awesome! so just upload to drop box? i use logic would i just export as OMF? or wave file?

I use Logic too. Go to File < Export < All Tracks as Audio Files < Done

That will bounce your audio files

If you have midi, go to file < export < selection as midi file

Export to a folder, upload folder to dropbox or other similar site