Asking Alexandria - Someone, Somewhere "Cover" RAW MULTITRACKS !!!

theboybc, hi!
Try not to compress the mix to such an extent.
Clean the lower part of the mix by using hi-pass filtering and EQ.
The snare has pretty descent tone by itself, but sounds like a machinegun a bit. Is it Sturgis' Snare 1?

thanks man it's sturgis 1 :dopey::dopey:

Dude, these raws kick ass! I decided to mix it and throw some vox on it too. Only thing is that it's a full step up from the original song, so the vox were a bit tough haha. Besides that, I'm not a singer lol, I actually play guitar but I guess it turned out decent. Here's my go though:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11411363/Someone, Somewhere Cover.mp3

EDIT: After more listens, it sounds like the vox are a little high, so I'll probably mix again tomorrow or something. My ears are pretty done for the night lol.

Oh man, those vocals are really amazing and the cover raw tracks are brutal too!. Could you share the wav track solo, to give a try mixing the whole song with your vocals?. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my shitty english.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hevviaoayqrbf7/Someone Somewhere.wav - My go at this.
Fairly new to all this and still needs ALOT of work but yeah.
I like the guitar tone I have just its lacking the 'punchiness' that all of Joey's and you're guys mixes have and wondering what I'm doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(Sorry about the overly loud guitar at 1:39 didn't realize I messed the volume before bouncing the file.)

This was a fun one - heres my quick mix of it. (The cymbal mapping is probably horrible though haha)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys im using a similiar setup for the guitars, but what kind of amp settings shud i be using?

right now they are:
45 drive
40 bass
40 mid
85 treb
85 pres
50% volume

but it doesnt sound as forward as RedWire's mix is, any tips/suggestions?

(Ill upload my cover after I fix the drum mapping, could anyone reupload the merged drum map for this? Trying to read these files right now is like German to me lol)

hey guys im using a similiar setup for the guitars, but what kind of amp settings shud i be using?

right now they are:
45 drive
40 bass
40 mid
85 treb
85 pres
50% volume

but it doesnt sound as forward as RedWire's mix is, any tips/suggestions?

(Ill upload my cover after I fix the drum mapping, could anyone reupload the merged drum map for this? Trying to read these files right now is like German to me lol)

Mix with your ears, not with your eyes.

Alright then :D
I think a better question would be what exact frequency ranges do each knob in Pod Farm affect exactly?

like Number to Number not just "lows" "mids" "highs"

and so forth

thnks guys

I think this is too late, but that's not a problem :danceboy:
I rearranged the midi drum by myself, so i missed some drum fills.
For guitar and bass, i use some free plugins and impulses that i get somewhere in the internet :loco:

Last edited by a moderator: