Asking Alexandria Cover

Seth Munson

How do Amber Lamps?
Dec 1, 2009
Colorado Springs
Only real reason I did this was to procrastinate mixing one of the EPs I dont want to finish.

Also, it seems like everyone other band that hits me up about recording asks me if I can do the Asking Alexandria mix.

Im no Sturgis, but I tried.
when the vocals come in is the original song for a comparison to what I did.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3319101/AA Song w orig.wav

Pod Guitars, SSD, Preflex Bass

Well Thanks! For at least being Semi mature about it...:puke:

we got you covered man!

but honestly, think about it.
I didnt just buy PODfarm, start it up and got a tone like that.
It took ALOT of time to learn to tweak it and getting it sounding decent.
(and im not even good at pod tones yet)

trust me, the patch isnt going to change your life and make you awesome at recording, but lots of practice and figuring our your own technique just might.

Only real reason I did this was to procrastinate mixing one of the EPs I dont want to finish.

Also, it seems like everyone other band that hits me up about recording asks me if I can do the Asking Alexandria mix.

Im no Sturgis, but I tried.
when the vocals come in is the original song for a comparison to what I did.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3319101/AA Song w orig.wav

Pod Guitars, SSD, Preflex Bass

nice try! haha

guitars are out of tune tho

When i listen to this i swear i heard some clipping . But i was actually really suprised it does come close. What slate samples on those drums? Any proccessing on them also?

Also can someone send me a link to a preflex plug in site or something i always wanted to look into it. Good buy?

Ohhh it peaked when joeys mix went in, Oh sorry.

Pod sounds nasty any pointers?

haha i wished i had some bands who wanted some AA type mixes, I always get weird shit that want some weird stuff going on. ha

When i listen to this i swear i heard some clipping . But i was actually really suprised it does come close. What slate samples on those drums? Any proccessing on them also?

Also can someone send me a link to a preflex plug in site or something i always wanted to look into it. Good buy?

Ohhh it peaked when joeys mix went in, Oh sorry.

Pod sounds nasty any pointers?

haha i wished i had some bands who wanted some AA type mixes, I always get weird shit that want some weird stuff going on. ha

TS - Diamond Plate - Treadplate cab with condenser

and for the preflex its a UAD plugin. http://universal-audio.com/

and to be honest, i get bored with every other band i do wanting to sound like this. I REALLY REALLY want to record an Indie Pop band soon. doesnt look like that will happen tho :(

also i would like to say here i know it can get annoying people nagging for your settings and all that but sometimes you guys just act the wrong way about things. I am not taking any side, I have asked for setting in my life on here, probably to many times but ever since i joined everyone just has something negative to bring to the table.

So people begging for settings/patchs tact lololol :]
maybe trying messing with Pod and a few pointers from people here is good enough to figure it out. I have the same problem, but getting the settings doesn't mean it will sound rad, you have to work with it. add things, take things away, maybe even work on getting the guitars tight in the first place without even worrying about settings. Sloppy Guitars with a God patch will still come out as shitty guitars.

I am not trying to offend anyone just something i wanted to say.