Any short-haired, formal dressed folks going?

Rider of Theli said:
short-haired with touches of grey, yes... but I once was the proud owner of a mullet! :headbang:

and I'll be sporting various concert shirts - probably my Therion/Lemuria shirt on Friday and the PPUSA VII shirt on Saturday, unless I can find a Pyramaze shirt before then.
You can get a Pyramaze shirt from Nightmare records. That is where I got my Legend of the Bone Carver shirt!!!:headbang:

Tegmentum said:
Hi all,Just wondering, any "preppy" looking business types going? :lol: I fall into this look and I got the impression a lot of folks last time thought I stumbled in the wrong building.

-S

Ha ha ha... short-haired preppy looking people are worthy to party with me. I have standards.... my standards are: Be an honest and fun loving person and you are welcome to my party no matter your hair length and dress.

Bryant

Tegmentum said:
Hi all,

The line-up this year looks fantastic. The last ProgPower I caught was II when Balance of Power, Ark, Nightingale, Symphony X et all played and it was quite possibly my favorite concert yet.

Just wondering, any "preppy" looking business types going? :lol: I fall into this look and I got the impression a lot of folks last time thought I stumbled in the wrong building.

-S

It's a good mix of people at the festivals in all aspects: ages, races, clothing preferences, and even religious backgrounds. I feel like Glenn has done his best to stay in compliance with Title VII for ProgPower VII. :lol: Sorry, but there's always at least one smart ass in the bunch! I'm just kidding dude. :headbang:

When I was in NYC, the bassist of Arctic Flame asked me if I liked Metal, because he said I didn't look like I did. I know what that's like. :p

I'm Allergic to a collar.. But I do have the whole Short hair thing goin, Not by choice.. Gotta make money somewhere though...lol.. I tend to roll with the hillbillie look.. T-shirt, no sleeves.. Tatts exposed.. : )

Non-hair restrained mild-mannered customer service rep by day.....non-hair restrained mild-mannered dude and occasional concert-goer by night. :lol:

I work at a federal office, I have hair down to the small of my back (where it hasn't fallen out by now), and I don't tie it. Jeans shorts and metal t-shirts for me at work...well, I don't wear Behemoth or Dimmu Borgir tees, but ProgPower tees don't offend.

I stand out like a white guy at a Cynthia McKinney rally. :heh:

Still, sometimes it's good to stand out. Everyone in management knows me on sight, and I'm good at what I do.

Bear said:
I leave business at work, as soon as I hit the door... You'll find many people that fit that mold at PPUSA, but we just trade our Polo's in for Metal T-Shirts :kickass:

Bear

Some of us also roll out the coiffe! :headbang:
The better to headbang with :Smokin:

Yea, I wore khaki cargo pants and a plain grey t-shirt last year (the only reason I remember is because of a pic with me and David Readman) and my hair was cut above my ears. Due to some political shifts at work my hair is a bit longer now (last hair cut was just before my wedding April 1st), but I still only own a couple music related shirts and I rarely wear them. In years past I've even worn button-up shirts to the show simply because I own more formal wear than non-formal clothes. I also like to dress up a little for traveling; strangers treat you better if you're dressed up a little, but that's just my preference.

Bottom line is that we're all there for the music, it doesn't matter if we show up in a siut and tie or in chain-mail with eye liner and hair to your ass. If it bothers you what I wear then I don't want to know you anyway.

Pellaz said:
Non-

I stand out like a white guy at a Cynthia McKinney rally. :heh:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :worship:

Yeah, I'm a total sellout by day!! :cry:

And I'm not too mild mannered. I have a tendency to want to rage...:kickass:
But I'm usually extremely friendly in the process.