Any shredders in here reamp?

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
So I'm debating if I should do all the DI's here then reamp when we get into the studio. I'm sure I'd play em much cleaner at my house and all that jazz anyways.

I know I can record all the rhythm DI's here then have plenty of time to fuck around with pres and mics at the studio.

Do any of the big shred acts reamp?

Yeah thats a good idea. Sure the big guys do it, Cuniberti that patented the re amp box did some of joe satch's albums

I'd say 100% to do it before you go into the studio, the more you have ready prior to going in, the more you can work on getting your tones down when you finally get into the studio, rather than spending a few hours nailing some leads. And if you know you can play it tighter at home as well, then it's a no brainer IMO.

Do it at home. Don't know about you, but I always feel pressured in the studio - I want to be really productive, but that usually adds anxiety - maybe I am just mental - don't know. But, at home, you have as much time as you want, and no band mates making stupid comments everytime you fuk up a take. Not that you couldn't do it in the studio, but why do it if you don't have to. This way it can be perfect, because you can take as many times as you need, and not feel pressured.

Re-amp is a good idea... Just sort out a standard mic placement so you can hear it fine and go out through Re-amp..
Josh from Sylosis ended up Re-amping when recording 'Conclusion Of An Age' (-Absolute masterpiece) and the end result was incredible..
so if it worked for him then surely it will work for you!
Hope that helps.

Well you might also be able to get some cool effects using different amps/rigs for different licks and stuff, I've heard this before on some virtuoso albums.

To me leads are one thing where you react more to the tone on the spot and the sound you are hearing helps shape the expression you put in to it. Something to keep in mind anyway. Technically reamping it will work fine.