Any sports fans out there?

metalhead713

New Metal Member
May 14, 2008
Northern Virginia
Next to meal, sports are, in essence, what keeps me looking forward to another day. Just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there who likes sports, and which teams!

My teams are the Boston Red Sox [baseball], the New England Patriots [American football], the Boston Celtics [basketball] and the Philadelphia Soul [arena football].

Hmmm. Baseball is without a doubt my favorite sport. My team is the NY Mets. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time off of work to go down to Shea Stadium with my brother to catch some games. It's really hard to get baseball games on TV in England (always at a ridiculous hour because of the time difference -- and on an obscure TV channel that nobody bothers to get) so I'm making up for a lot of lost time now.

I never got into American football. I think it's really boring and it just doesn't spark my interest. Same with basketball.

I like soccer/football. I don't really follow it in England, however when there are world/European championships I cheer for Germany.

Baseball? o_O That's a sport I totally dont get. Not only the rules, but also, why anyone could find it entertaining. It seems to me they're mostly standing around.
I like when there's a "flow" in the game.. like football :D

Occasionally I also watch icehockey, but it's not very popular here so it's difficult to find a channel that broadcasts a match

I don't like sports. They bore me. The only ones I enjoy playing are basketball, martial arts (although I rarely ever do that), and parkour or freerunning. And the only ones I can watch are basketball and martial arts, I like watching parkour sometimes too.

I like to play sport, but I don't watch it. Unless, however, it is a big/important tournament of some kind, because I find them good social factors i.e Wimbledon, World cups etc

Any kind of fighting besides East Asian Martial Arts looks primitive to me. There is nowhere near as much technical skill in boxing as there is in karate, or kung fu.

I hate American Football so much. Its so boring to watch and play. I never like playing with people because I get so bored of it and walk away. I also hate baseball. So fucking stupid. "Hey, lets hit a ball and run in a square."

American football, baseball and basketball would have to win hands down ... for the sport that bores me the most.

Me myself enjoy watching and playing soccer, cricket, afl and rugby.

No flaming please ;)

what is afl?

i like soccer and ice hockey. I like to play tennis, but i dont really like to watch it anymore.

i did an exchange year in the US, i never managed to get the rules of american football. i only understood you have to get to the other side of the field and the ball cant touch 3 times the ground or something like that, but nothing more.
i have always wondered, what is the difference between american football and rugby (exept for the football equipment).

Any kind of fighting besides East Asian Martial Arts looks primitive to me. There is nowhere near as much technical skill in boxing as there is in karate, or kung fu.

I hate American Football so much. Its so boring to watch and play. I never like playing with people because I get so bored of it and walk away. I also hate baseball. So fucking stupid. "Hey, lets hit a ball and run in a square."

Homo. >O

Yeps, here I am ;)
Played soccer for 7 years ina team, did horseriding for 6 years and was 4 years a competition-swimmer... ;)

Now I am doing nothing of that, rather watch sports of all kinds ;)
mostly soccer though

Major Seahawks fan here..live and breathe football..in fact 20 days and counting till the first pre season game....:)I so love Direct TV
And Im a Boston Red Sox Fan..lets not talk about yesterdays game against the angels..but should be easy pickins against the Mariners tonight..:)
I used to be a huge Hockey Fan ( Vancouver Canucks) till the strike..now Im over it..and I used to play Rugby..love it!!!!

Im not hugely into sport but I do watch MMA frequently. I also try to watch snooker as I love the slow and planning ways of the game.

It happens that I watch other sports as well but not frequently and I dont really care that much.